Chapter 15 - Mustaches

Song Of The Chapter

Little House by Amanda Seyfried

(Like the song in Dear John with Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried, omfg it was so adorable)

___

Savannah's POV

I had to find someone to talk to. Whether it was Austin, or Alex, or Ariana, or anyone. I just needed to get Brandon out of my mind.

I walked around quickly, looking for any familiar faces until I saw one. Austin. He was coming my way but he looked like he was walking fast too. Once there was a clear path between us, he seemed to slow his pace, suddenly turning around and walking the opposite way.

I knew something was up so I started walking faster towards him, walking in front of him so he couldn't go anywhere.

"Hey." I held his arms. He didn't say anything so I continued. "What happened?" I tilted my head to the side. I waited for him to answer but instead, he took my hand and brought me upstairs to my room, shutting the door and locking it. As he turned around to face me, I could sense he probably saw me and Brandon.

"I thought you actually liked me." He said, not making eye contact with me.

"I do..." I said softly.

"Why'd you kiss him." He sighed after there was a long pause.

"I didn't." I shook my head.

"Then what did you do?" His voice grew slightly louder, causing him to make eye contact with me.

"I... I came to find you." I replied quietly. My eyes trailed down to the floor when he didn't say anything. There was an uncomfortable silence filling the room, making me look up to see Austin only a few inches away. I looked into his eyes, watching him stare at me lips for a second, then looking back up at me. He brought his left hand up to hold my cheek, slowly caressing my skin with the pad of his thumb. Our eyes were locked on each other's as Austin slowly leaned in. His perfect, soft lips were hovering above mine, breathing softly and I could feel his cool breath, giving me a chill down my spine.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled against my lips. I nodded slowly and before I could say anything, his lips were on mine again.

___

*The next day*

Alex, Ariana, and Austin had stayed over last night. We tried pulling an all nighter but Alex said he hated those and just fell asleep at 3, giving the rest of us the chance to draw on his face. He may or not wake up with extra facial hair in the morning.

I slowly blinked my eyes open, feeling something around my stomach. I turned my head slightly to see a sleeping Austin. I then realized his arms were wrapped around my waist. I was kind of hungry for some reason so I wiggled out of his grip and turned around to see Austin moving around uncomfortably.

He reached out his arms and it looked like he was trying to grasp something, but he was just swatting the air, making me let out a low laugh. I covered my mouth to keep the laughter in.

I watched as Austin continued to grasp the air and then I realized he was trying to find me, so I took a throw pillow from my couch where Ariana had fallen asleep and tucked it between his arms, seeing him settle down immediately. I let out another laugh but this time I was too slow to cover my mouth and when I did, I looked around the room to see if anyone had noticed. Luckily, they were all sound asleep. I continued past my bed to get my hairbrush when I almost tripped on Alex who had fallen asleep in a bean bag chair in front of the tv. I scooted around him to my make up desk and grabbed the hairbrush, slowly brushing my hair out.

After I was done, I lightly set down the brush and turned around to see Austin again. But this time, he rolled to the edge of the queen sized bed and he was on the brink of falling off. He had his arm hanging off the side and he was laying on his stomach.

Ok, this was too funny, I had to take a picture. So I took my phone off the nightstand right next to the bed where Austin was and snapped a picture, sending it to Instagram. I typed in the caption 'don't fall.' and posted it, smiling widely. I let out another laugh and set my phone on the nightstand.

I suddenly got the perfect idea. I walked over to my computer desk and grabbed a black marker, going back over to where Austin was. I crouched down so I was eye level with him and drew on a unibrow and a mustache. I stood up and threw the marker on the nightstand, laughing quietly at my beautiful artwork. I then turned to walk out the door.

"Why are you laughing at me." Austin mumbled, making me jump.

I quickly turned to him to see his eyes still shut. I stood there, not knowing what to answer. He must've noticed I wasn't responding because he slowly opened his eyes and raised an eyebrow, or a unibrow.

"And why do I have facial hair?" He added.

"I um... W-well." I stuttered, trying to come up with an explanation.

"I'm listening." Austin teased, turning to lay on his back and propping his head up on a pillow.

"H-how long have you been awake?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Since you got out of bed." He smirked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Oh, well I'm going to go get something to eat." I said quickly and sped out the door. I heard footsteps behind me and knew immediately that it was Austin. I sprinted down the stairs and into the kitchen. I turned around to see Austin at the other side of his room, looking like a clown with his unibrow and mustache. I dashed behind the kitchen island and Austin was on the other side, his hands on the edge of the marble countertop. The door was to my left but he could've gotten me immediately if I went for it.

"Stuck, are you?" He crossed his arms, satisfied.

"Not yet." I ran to my right and into the living room. I ran around the couches and to the patio door, grabbing the handle and pulling it open. I saw out of the corner of my eye that Austin wasn't far behind me. He jumped over a few couches and was right on my tail when I jumped out and shut the door quickly. I tried avoiding the pool because I knew he would try to push me in. So I hid behind a few trees. I ran behind one and noticed a ladder.

I soon realized what it was. A tree house. My dad and I had built it when I was 9. Alex and I would go up there all the time to talk about random stuff. It was also our hiding place. We were the only ones who knew about it.

I started up the ladder, being careful that I wouldn't get a splinter, but fast enough so Austin didn't see me. I reached the top and climbed in. I kneeled down at the small window, looking out to see Austin walking around confused. Then I sat back on wood floor. I looked around the tree house, memories of Alex and I flooded back, making me smile. I looked down at my feet and saw something crawling around. I let out a scream but then covered my mouth. It was just a small spider. But I knew Austin heard me. I peeked out the window and there was no Austin.

Thinking he probably went inside, I slowly climbed down the ladder. As I turned around, someone grabbed my hip. I let out another scream but then realized it was just Austin.

"Gotcha." He laughed and I spun around to face him. Just as my head turned, something swept just above my upper lip. Probably just the wind or a leaf falling from the tree. I watched as Austin bursted out laughing when he looked at me.

"What?" I looked at him suspiciously.

"Nothing." He chuckled.

"Um, ok... you're really weird." I untwisted myself from his arms and walked back to the house. I heard his footsteps crunching the leaves as he caught up with me.

___

Vote:)

-Lena