Chapter 18 - Road Trip

Savannah's POV

"Are you ready?" Ariana beamed as she brought down our bags.

"Yup." I smiled, picking up my backpack. It was the day of our camping trip and I was bubbling with excitement. I loved camping since I could remember and I would never miss a chance to go.

We stepped out the front door to see the guys loading the car. I hopped into the back seat with Austin as Robert and Ariana sat in the middle, and Alex sat in the front with Dave as the driver. I can imagine at one point that this car will get into an argument and explode because trust me, three hours in a car with four of the loudest guys is definitely going to go somewhere.

"So who's sleeping with who this week?" Robert said out of nowhere.

"We can have the girls in one tent and the guys in another." Ariana suggested and we all agreed.

"Wait... that means we'll have four guys in a tent." Alex's voice trailed off. I watched as the guys eyed each other in a somewhat disgusted way.

"What's wrong with that?" I joked but kept a serious face. I got stares from everyone in the car, including Dave so I hid my face in Austin's shoulder, letting out a soft 'what?'.

"Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with that." Ariana added.

"Nevermind..." Alex smacked his forehead.

It was quiet for a while. A long while.

"Are we there yet..." I whined, starting to feel uncomfortable after sitting down for so long in the same position.

"Does it look like we're there yet." Alex pointed out to the plain roads with no buildings around for at least 20 miles.

"My butt hurts." I complained.

"Austin will you shut your girlfriend up." Alex shot me a playful glare, making me giggle.

"You mean like this?" Austin questioned, putting his arm around me and covering my mouth with his hand. I used my hands to pry his hand off my face but he was too strong. So I sat there with my arms crossed, staring plainly at Alex who looked satisfied. My eyes shifted over to Austin who had an evil grin on his face.

I lifted his hand from my mouth and quickly spoke. "You know, a normal boyfriend would just ask his girlfriend to be quiet." I placed his hand back on my mouth and let out an over exaggerated sigh. Then I got an idea. Why I didn't think of it ten seconds ago, I don't know.

I moved my eyes to where Austin was and he was just looking out the window, so I took it ask my chance.

"Ow did you just bite me?!" He brought his hand back to him.

I didn't answer, but I just sat there, grinning successfully.

"You guys better not be doing what I think you are back there." Alex warned.

"We could." Austin's eyebrows danced, earning a smack from me on his arm.

The car went completely silent for a long time, making me overly bored, if that was possible.

"How much longer..." I groaned, leaning my head on Austin's shoulder but it slipped so I fell into his lap, hitting him in a sacred place with my head. A dragged out ahhh came out of Austin's mouth as his face stiffened from the pain. I immediated shot up, sitting as if nothing had happened.

"Did I hit you?" I whispered, trying to act as normal as possible.

He sent me a 'what-do-you-think' look and then a wide grin formed on his face.

"You guys, Austin's scaring me." I said loudly, scooting to the edge of my seat.

"Oh really? Just wait until tonight." He whispered into my ear, snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to his seat.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I shot him a confused look.

"Nothing." He brushed of the topic and gazed out the window, his arms still around me.

___

"Finally, fresh air!" Alex exclaimed, bursting out of the car after Dave had parked.

We had finally reached the campsite after a long car ride that was too boring for me to even bother telling. Basically, everyone slept.

Dave unloaded the car and we brought our things over to our spot on the site, a large area surrounded by trees and luckily, it was close to the bathrooms/showers. Now we won't have to walk as far.

"Good luck setting that up." Ariana giggled, referring to the tent contraption the guys were currently trying to build. They looked pretty confused, considering Robert had the tent cover over his head and Alex had made a necklace out of the tent wires.

"Need help?" I called, amused by how productive they were being.

"No." Alex scoffed, clearly having no idea what he was doing.

"Okay... Okay..." I slowly backed away from them and decided to go set up our own tent.

Ariana and I set it up in about, five minutes, while the guys... Well, the guys were still reading instructions. We sat in our tent, looking out the door at Robert, Alex, Austin, and Dave, struggling with how to connect two tent poles. "I have a feeling this is going to be a long week." Ariana giggled, shaking her head.

___

This chapter is unusually short, I understand.

How are you liking the story so far? I know I'm posting a lot of chapters in one day, I just want to finish this story already, idkk. I worked on this story as a pasttime or aside from my main one that I had been working on (Forever&Always) and I have so many new story ideas...

Vote, vote, vote!

-Lena