Chapter 14 - Tradition

Song Of The Chapter

Mistletoe by Justin Bieber

___

Savannah's POV

Most of us had finished dinner and now we were just chatting and catching up with friends. Surprisingly, no one seemed to be moved by the fact that Austin Mahone was there. I was wandering around the kitchen, trying to find Austin when my mom and Mrs. Miller confronted me.

"Hey Savannah, have you seen Brandon?" My mom looked around.

"No, why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well we were thinking that since Brandon has his big football game in three days, we could all go!" My mom said excitedly.

"No thanks." I shook my head, trying my best to keep the conversation concise.

"Well, why not?" Mrs. Miller said in that sweet voice of hers.

"I just don't feel like it." I shrugged, not wanting to hurt her feelings.

"Come on, we know you two like each other. Maybe there, you two can make it work." My mom stated, smiling brightly.

"I'm good." I crossed my arms and began backing up slowly, only to bump into someone. I turned around to feel hands come in contact with my hips.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't see you." I looked away, keeping my arms crossed.

"It's okay..." Brandon chuckled, still keeping his hands on my hips. We stood there for a few seconds just staring at each other.

"Um, I'm going to go." I looked up at the ceiling quickly but did a double take. I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. "Is that..." My voice trailed off, causing Brandon to look up too.

Oh no...

"Well, it's tradition..." He looked down at me and smiled.

This can't be happening. That can't possibly be mistletoe above us.

I shut my eyes, coming to a conclusion on what I should do. I looked back at Brandon and without thinking, I quickly pecked his lips and broke free from his grip, running as far away from him as possible.

___

Austin's POV

I was walking around the house, looking for Savannah when I saw someone who looked like her in the kitchen. She was in the arms of another boy. Brandon.

What are they doing...?

I snuck behind the wall so they couldn't see me, but I could see them. They both looked up at the ceiling so my eyes followed their gaze.

No. That is not happening.

I watched as they looked at each other. Brandon was smiling at her and I assumed she was smiling back. I saw them both lean in and right as their lips met, I couldn't take it. I ran as far away as I could from her.

I don't know why I did, but I did. I don't know which hurt more, the fact that I was going to ask her out, or the fact she just completed ditched me for another guy. I don't know if I'll talk to her again tonight, or if I'll just keep quiet about it and act like nothing happened.

I just don't know.

___

Woah this chapter is so short. I didn't realize. I wrote like eighteen (18) chapters of this story in August and I didn't thoroughly edit it so maybe that's why this sucks.

Vote!

-Lena