Chapter 1 - First Day

Song Of The Chapter

C'mon by Ke$ha

___

Savannah's POV

"Wake up Savannah!" I felt someone jumping on the edge of my bed.

"Alex?" I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Hurry up!" He stopped jumping and sat at the computer chair.

"How'd you get in here?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"You told me where the emergency house key was when you were 10...' Alex laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

Alex lived two houses down and when I was 10, I thought I should just tell him where the key was if he wanted to come over anytime. Bad idea. "Oh yeah..." I closed by eyes and laid back in my bed, quickly drifting to sleep again.

"It's our first day of junior year Savannah, you're going to be late." Alex ripped the blankets off me.

"Okay... jumping on my bed was fine, but pulling off my blankets, you're going to pay." I sat up and glared at him as he stood in fear, " but I'm tired so maybe you'll pay in like two or three hours." I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and hopped off. I sauntered into the bathroom across the hall and flicked the light switch on. After I washed my face and brushed my teeth, I walked downstairs to get breakfast. I reached the kitchen and let out a small laugh as I found Alex digging in the refrigerator.

"Hey, can you pass me the milk." I said as I reached a cabinet and opened it, grabbing my favorite cereal; Reese's Puffs.

"Sure." Alex pulled out the quart of milk and placed it on the countertop.

"Thanks." I spoke, grabbing a bowl from a different cabinet and placing it besides the milk. I poured myself some delicious chocolate and peanut butter balls and added some milk. Then I fetched myself a spoon from the drawer and sat at the dining table, along with Alex who had apparently made himself chocolate chip waffles. I took out my phone and checked the weather so I knew what to wear today.

"So you know my friend Austin?" Alex started as he finished one waffle.

"Sort of, you told me about him a few times. He's that one breakout artist from YouTube, right?" I looked up at him as I scooped some of my cereal into my mouth.

"Yeah. So he's doing a concert here in Texas in a few days and afterwards, he's taking a break and staying here." Alex explained.

"Really? Did he used to live here?" I asked.

"Actually, he used lived right next door to you..." He wrinkled his eyebrows as if he just realized that.

"Well that's nice. Is he going to stay in that house?" I said as I finished the rest of my cereal.

"Yup. His mom is coming today to move a few things in." Alex gorged down the last bit of waffle and swallowed loudly. Disgusting. But he's my best friend so I had to get used to it.

"I'll take your plate." I stood up and took my bowl, along with Alex's plate and placed them in the sink. I then ran upstairs to get changed. I dug through my disorganized closet and found light blue high waisted shorts. Then I put on a tank top and a black knit cardigan over. I didn't know whether I should put my hair up, or leave it down, so I quickly curled my hair and broke them with my fingers, so I didn't look too 'fancy'. My hair flowed down just above my belly button and was a dark brown with light brown highlights that had faded from a mahogany color. I grabbed my black Jansport backpack from my closet and put my folders, notebooks, and everything else I needed for the first day. I walked over to the vanity I really needed to clean, and put on mascara. I didn't like wearing a lot of make up so I tried to apply as little as possible.