Chapter 20 - Home, Sick

Song Of The Chapter
Latch by Sam Smith (acoustic version)

___

Savannah's POV

*one week later*

I was at home. In bed. Under the covers. Wearing at least three layers of clothing. My head resting on four pillows. And a tissue box, sitting beside me.

As you may have guessed, I did not feel good at all today.

"Why is it that you got sick all of a sudden?" Austin asked, pondering the though while he slumped in his chair. I didn't bother responding, he knew I didn't have the energy to. "Was it because of that big meal you ate before we got home?" He spoke to himself again, "I told you not to eat so many French fries."

I breathed loudly through my nose to tell Austin that I wanted him to stop talking. I heard a soft laugh from him as I rolled my eyes, but that just gave me a bigger headache. "Okay, I'm sorry." Austin defended, getting up from his chair and walking over to me. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what he was doing.

He laid down next to me and grinned, kissing my nose softly.

Suddenly, there was a buzzing sound and our almost 'romantic' moment. Austin looked down as his phone in his pocket and pulled it out, reading the screen. I couldn't see what he was up to, but there was really no reason to worry. I watched patiently as he started typing on his screen rather quickly.

"Listen, I um..." Austin said while still typing, "I have to go to... the studio to pick up something. I don't know what time I'll be back."

"Okay. Have fun I guess." I coughed.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." Austin giggled as he kissed all over my face.

"Yeah, yeah, go... I don't want you to get sick." I scrunched my nose, pushing him playfully.

___

Austin's POV

"You ready?" Robert raised an eyebrow as we pulled up to our destination. My palms were already sweating and I haven't left the car yet.

"I think."

"Come on, Austin. It's not that bad." Robert patted my back as he unbuckled.

"I know... I just don't want anything bad to happen. You know, involving Savannah."

Robert looked at me with an expression that said maybe you're right. But he quickly wiped it off and pointed at me, "You, my friend, need a drink."

I don't know how he managed to persuade me but I ended up in the club with Robert and some chick sitting next to me. By the description of that very thought told me that I was going to be in deep shit. Not just by management, but by Savannah too. She would be way more than pissed if she found out I ditched her to go to a club with Robert when she was lying in bed sick. But I couldn't just cancel on Robert, we agreed it was our night out and it just so happened that Savannah had gotten sick right when we got home from camping. As long as she doesn't find out about any of this, I'll be fine. For now.

"Have I seen you somewhere?" The girl next to me giggled as she ran her finger along my chin. I didn't want to just push her off of me because I know it would cause a scene, but I was definitely not bringing myself into a situation like the one this would lead to if I don't get out.

"Um, no." I said bluntly.

I looked at Robert for help but he was nowhere in sight. I began to panic.

"What's a pretty boy like you doing here at a club?" She continued to trace my face with her finger, this time getting onto my lap. If I could, I would shove this girl off of me. But that would draw attention. I needed to figure out a way to leave without any paparazzi snapping pictures of me to put on the media. And having a girl trying to seduce me at the moment was not helping the brainstorm at all. I knew I should've just stayed home with Savannah. None of this would've happened and my ego would not be so jeopardized.

"I'm just going to go get a drink." I voiced quickly, getting up but being pulled back down by her surprisingly strong grip.

"Not so fast." She smirked before pushing her lips against mine. At first I didn't know what was happening; it was like one of those adrenaline moments when you aren't yourself. Then my eyes shot open and I knew clearly that this was bad.

I pushed her off me and she fell back, hitting her head on the table. I stood in shock of what I had done and when she reached her hand to the back of her head, I already knew I screwed up.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." I offered her a hand which she slowly took. I guess the hit to the head brought her a little back to sober and she suddenly noticed that the back off her head was bleeding. "I need to get you to the doctor." I swung her arm around my neck and helped her up as she followed whatever I was doing. She needed to get out fast before she lost too much blood.

I couldn't find Robert anywhere. I didn't want to go out the front doors either because I knew the paparazzi would be there and ask me questions. So I carefully found our way to the back of the club where a tall bouncer had been eyeing me. He didn't even ask what had happened, he plainly stepped aside from the door and I hastily got out with the girl still barely conscious.

When I spotted the car, I quietly made my way to it, trying to stay out of sight from everyone. I was about to open the door when I realized I didn't have keys. I tried calling Robert to tell him about my situation but he didn't pick up. I tried a second time and still no answer. I wasn't done just yet. Three time's a charm.

I could only hear the loud, beating music but the faint answer from Robert. I didn't have time to explain so I asked him to come out. I didn't want to call 911 either because that would lead me into more trouble.

So many things were running through my head right now. What was I going to tell the doctors? What was I going to tell Savannah? How am I going to explain this to management and my mom? It was all too much to handle and I knew I could've avoided this if I had just made better decisions. I could be at home cuddling and watching movies with Savannah right now if my naive mind wouldn't have taken over. But no. Silly Austin just had to agree with Robert to go to this club.

"What the-"

"Just hurry up and start the car." I interrupted Robert, watching him fumble with his keys. I threw open the door and helped the girl into the car as I sat next to her, waiting for Robert to get a move on it.

___

I was sitting outside of the hospital room, my mind going crazy about everything that happened in the past hour. I was screwed. No, I was dead meat. Not even meat, I was dead Austin.

I was told the girl's parents were on their way so I could go home right now, but I didn't know what to do. If I went home, I'd have to figure out an explanation as to what happened. If I stayed though, someone could see me and somehow it would end up on the news. What a dilemma.

I looked to my right to see Robert looking back at me, question in his expression. I had already explained to him how this happened. His concern must be referring to if I want to leave or not.

"We should go." I murmured, slowly standing up. Robert followed and we began our stroll out of the odd smelling hospital.

As soon as I reached the front doors, I told Robert to drive the car up front so I didn't have to be seen by many people. I paced the hard concrete outside as I waited for him to hurry up. There were some children around who gave me double-takes and I tried my best to be reserved.

Robert just needs to hurry up and take me home.

___

I know this chapter sucks because I was running out of ideas.

It's been a while since I've written this story and I have a few new ideas coming up for later.

Vote!

-Lena