Chapter 24 - Hospital

Song of The Chapter

Little Did You Know by Alex and Sierra

___

Savannah's POV

It was now around 3:30 AM and I could feel my eyelids dropping from watching so much tv. Ariana was almost fast asleep as well. Moping around, I walked over to the tv and turned it off, almost tripping over myself because I was so tired. I don't need to be drunk to act drunk.

"Do you hear that?" Ariana mumbled, lifting her head from the pillow with her eyes closed.

"Hear what?" I answered, scratching my head as I sat at the edge of the bed.

"Someone's... at the door..." She slowly trailed off.

I rubbed my eyes, sighing at I stood up and headed for the door. It took me a while to stumble downstairs and when I did, I finally heard the loud and rapid knocking. I wondered how Ariana heard it from upstairs.

Sauntering over to the door, I took my time at opening it. I rubbed my eyes again, my vision becoming blurry for a second as I looked at whoever was at the door.

"Austin?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, it's Alex. Hurry and get dressed, we have to go." He walked into the house before I could say anything.

"Alex, it's 3 in the morning." I whispered, closing the door and following him upstairs.

"I know, and we have to hurry."

My clumsy self almost tripped on the top of the staircase. Alex started laughing and grabbed my arm, walking faster with me to my room.

I got to the door and dragged myself in as Alex followed behind. I nudged Ariana to wake her up and let Alex take care of her. After I had some warm clothes on, I finally decided to ask Alex the question I've been wondering since he showed up.

"Where are we going?"

He kept quiet for a while as Ariana and I got into his car. I buckled my seat belt and curled my legs onto the chair. I was very tired and I couldn't understand how Alex wasn't, we was partying all night. I feel my eyelids dropping and soon enough I found myself in a deep sleep.

We arrived at a building a few minutes later and I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up. I could really use some coffee right now.

Alex hopped out of the car after pulling the keys out of the ignition and he called for Ariana and I to hurry. stumbling out of the car, I wrapped my jacket tighter around me. The three of us walked towards what I now made out to be a hospital.

Why were we at a hospital?

The blinding ceiling lights in the lobby prevented me from seeing clearly. Eventually, my vision adjusted and I followed Alex wherever he was going. We stepped into the elevator and he pressed the sixth floor. Uh oh, the sixth floor was for recovering surgery patients. Who are we visiting?

My brain was half asleep but I managed to look awake. We walked down the hall past many doors but I still have no idea where we were going.

Alex stopped at a door label 324, then turned around to face me.

"I know you don't want to see him right now, but I just thought you should be here." Alex explained, his hand reaching for the doorknob.

"Austin's party last night..." He trailed off, looking at the floor and I swear I noticed him crying. I've never really seen Alex cry, so this much be really important.