Chapter 13 - Dares

Song Of The Chapter

Catch Me by Demi Lovato

___

Savannah's POV

We had gotten back from sending post cards and it was 5:00 right now. Ariana and Austin had come over about an hour ago so we sat in my room watching movie marathons. Most of them were scary movies that Alex didn't like but that just made it more thrilling.

We were all wrapped in blankets since it was freezing and the temperature was almost the same inside as it was outside. I was sharing a blanket with Austin, my legs tangled with his and his arms wrapped around me. My head was cuddled up to his chest, hearing his slow, steady heartbeat.

"No! Don't touch that! Don't go in there!" Alex squealed, covering his face with a blanket.

"Alex, the movie didn't even start." Ariana shook him before thumping him on the head. Alex yelped in pain before inching away from Ariana as if she was a time bomb and could explode any second.

"Oh..." He lowered the blanket from his face, trying to keep his cool. "What movie is this again?" He asked looking from us to the tv.

"The Hangover...?" I answered, thinking of how in the world that could possibly scare him.

"I knew that. I was just testing you." He stated, sarcasm lacing his words clearly.

___

"Hi! How are you?" One of my aunts greeted me as I opened the door. Quite a few people had already arrived and were chatting with my mom or dad.

"I'm good how are you?" I smiled, giving her a hug.

"I'm great!" She replied.

It went on like this for about twenty more minutes, greeting people and receiving either a gift or homemade food in return.

I thought I would go change out of my plain jacket and leggings just so I'll look more presentable to our relatives since we usually only see them once or twice and maybe three times a year. I ran upstairs, into my room, and into my closet, searching for a good outfit to wear. I finally came across an old knitted sweater that my mom gave me two years ago. I never wore it since it was too big but I decided I would this year. It was one of those traditional sweaters that were 'ugly' but a lot of people still wore them just to make their grandmothers/mothers happy. I kept my black leggings on and put blue and white Christmas socks over them. Then I gathered my long brown hair together into a ponytail.

This should be good enough.

I skipped back downstairs, noticing how many more people had arrived. I stopped completely in my tracks when I saw one person in particular. Brandon Miller.

The Millers were a close family friend, besides Alex and his family. We'd also known them for a long time but I just happened to like hanging out with Alex more. Brandon was the same age as me but he was only three months older. Almost everyone knew that we liked each other; note the use of past tense. He was pretty handsome, but not as good looking as Austin.

"Hey Savannah." He shot a smile at me that made me cringe. It was so perfectly fit onto his face, and his incredibly shaped cheek bones. He looks so cute. He was wearing a navy blue sweater, dark jeans, and white Vans. He had his hand in his back pockets and he was slightly sagging, but it wasn't extremely noticeable. His light brown hair fell wherever it wanted and his soft brown eyes smiled into mine.

Wait no, what am I thinking. I like Austin.

"Hi Brandon." I returned the smile, then hastily walked away.

I looked around for either Alex, Ariana, or Austin, but I couldn't find them anywhere. "Hey mom, have you see Alex or Ariana?" I asked her after looking around the kitchen.

"They're on the patio." She answered as she greeted more family friends.

"Oh, Savannah! Brandon and his mom are here." She added as she motioned to them who were both standing next to her.

"Hi, Mrs. Miller. " I waved, "Brandon." I added, nervously pulling at the hem of my shirt, hoping they wouldn't make Brandon and I talk.

"Hi Savannah." She tossed me a smile.

"Oh, why don't you and Brandon go talk and catch up on your lives?" My mom suggested. I didn't want to be rude and say no, but I really didn't want to talk to him, considering I might begin to like him again.

"S-sure." I finally answered, letting out a small sigh. The parents continued talking so I took Brandon with me outside. As I slid open the patio door, I found Alex, Ariana, Austin, Robert, and Zach all sitting on the couches around the fire chamber.

"Hey guys, this is my... friend Brandon." I sat down next to Austin as Brandon sat next to Alex. They were really good friends too, so it was like a triangle of friendship. If that made sense.

"So we were playing truth or dare." Robert informed me.

"Ok, who's next?" I crossed my right leg over my left, putting my elbow on my thigh and resting my chin in my hand.

"I think it's Austin's turn." Ariana pointed out. I thought I caught a glimpse of her wiggling her eyebrows at us, but I could just be seeing things.

"Alright Austin, truth or dare?" Alex sat forward.

There was a silence. For a few seconds, he didn't say anything. He was carefully contemplating his answer and I, along with the others most likely, was eager to hear his decision.

"... Dare." He finally answered. I watched as Zach whispered something to Alex, leaving everyone to stare at them suspiciously. Alex's lips curved into a dangerous grin as his eyes scanned the group of friends, until they landed on me.

"Okay. I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl here." He gave Austin a quick glance and smirked. There were only two girls here but I'm pretty sure Ariana was way prettier than I was. I uncrossed my legs and sat up, looking around at each of the guys, then Ariana. They seemed to be waiting as well, but not as intent as I was. I was curious to know Austin's decision, but at the same time, I already knew it wasn't going to be me.

A few seconds passed and I felt a warm hand on my chin, turning my head. My eyes met Austin's and I immediately knew what he was doing. He leaned in and I didn't hesitate to either. It was weird that our friends were watching us but I could care less. Our lips met for a few moments and when I thought we would both pull back, we didn't. Instead, I rested my arms over his shoulders. Austin's hand dropped from my chin and wrapped around my waist, pulling me in closer. Our lips moved in sync perfectly for quite a while, neither of us wanting to pull back. It was completely silent for a while, besides the often noise of our lips interlocking.

"Damn, Austin's getting some." Robert whistled, making me smile and break the kiss. I looked into Austin's eyes which were boring into mine, showing me so much emotion. My arms slowly dropped down to my sides, but Austin's stayed wrapped around me. I turned back to face our friends and was met by ton of shocked faces. I let out a small laugh before opening my mouth to say something.

"So who's next?"

___

I'm so sorry for not updating, I've just been extremely busy lately. I'm working on trying to update sooner but I always have so many things coming up so suddenly.

But other than that, comment what you think?

&it wouldn't hurt to vote either:)

-Lena