Chapter 10 - First Date (Part 1)

Song Of Chapter

Distance by Christina Perri feat. Jason Mraz

~~~~~~~

Austin's POV

"Hey, it's Austin." I spoke into my phone.

"I know, caller ID..." Savannah laughed.

"I've got to stop doing that." I snapped at myself.

"Yeah." I heard another laugh.

"I said that out loud didn't I..." I sighed.

"Mhmm..." She joked.

"Well anyways, do you maybe want to go out today?" I asked, hoping the answer would be yes.

"Sure. But you're driving." She answered after a long pause.

"Deal." I laughed. We talked for few minutes and joked around before we both hung up.

What should I wear...

I remembered Alex telling me about what to wear so I put on white basketball shorts, a plain black v neck, and my favorite black Supras. And as a 'disguise', I just put on my black and red Bulls snapback and my black Ray Bans.

Simple enough, right?

I started down the stairs and grabbed my keys as I opened the front door. I knew my mom wasn't home so she couldn't scold me about going out. I hopped into my car and drove up to Savannah's house, which was right next door.

___

Savannah's POV

I couldn't stop smiling after I hung up the call from Austin. Hopefully this day turns out perfect.

I put on a black Jack Daniel's tank top, blue skinny jeans, and my black high top Converse. Afterwards, I straightened my hair, added a black bow on the back, and put on light makeup. I had no idea where we were going today so I guess this would be a pretty versatile outfit. Plus it was pretty warm outside even though it was winter.

I opened the front door to see Austin already in my driveway. I noticed his perfect face through the window so I bit my lower lip to keep a huge smile from forming. I walked over to his car and opened the passenger door, sitting myself down in the seat.

"Hey." He smiled as he began to pull out.

"Hi." I lightly smiled.

It was silent for a few moments. The only sound that filled the car was the radio that was softly playing Austin's song 'Say Your Just A Friend'. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he was taping his fingers on the wheel to the beat.

"So where are we going?" I looked out the window to see a bright sun and unfamiliar roads.

"It's a surprise." He answered.

We drove for a pretty long time and I was starting to get anxious. It looked like we were at a beach or something. There was a huge boardwalk and right next to it was a large outlet with stores. We parked somewhere and both got out, the cool ocean breeze filling the air.

"Where are we?" I squinted from the sun beaming down on us.

"Alaska." Austin said as he came around to my side and intertwined our fingers.

"Seriously." I laughed.

___

Austin's POV