Epilogue: The Real Deal

• Dedicated to EveryoneWhoHasReadThisFar

☆ Epilogue: The Real Deal ★ 

"Alright boys," Louis says pacing along the long hallway of the SYCO building. I cough loudly and Louis stops and sighs, then adds with a hint of annoyance. "And Paige and Eleanor.

"Thank you," I mutter with a smirk, linking my arm through Harry's, who's looking down at me with a large smile. I can't help but smile back.

"Thanks babe," Eleanor waves off with a laugh. 

I lean over to her. "Don't worry, he's always like this when it comes to executing plans."

Eleanor laughs. "You should see him when he's trying to decide what shirt to wear. He's worse than me."

"Girls?" Louis says sternly, looking at both of us, his hands placed at his hips. "Care to share with the rest of us what is more important than our mission?"

Eleanor and I pull our gazes away from each other and look back at Louis sheepishly. "Sorry," we both mutter.

"As I was saying," Louis continues pacing. "This is going to be our toughest assignment yet. Back in Sydney? That was just a warm up. This is the real thing. So, El? I'm going to need you to stand guard outside of the office. Since it's only you today-" Louis shoots Liam a hard look.

Liam shoots his hands up into the air in defense. "Hey, Danielle said she's sorry she couldn't make it. Don't blame me!"

I can't help but feel bad for Liam. He's only seen Danielle about twice since the end of the tour, whereas Eleanor has practically lived with us in the flat. Liam isn't voicing his sadness, but I can tell it's there. Everyone can tell.

"We know, mate," Zayn says reassuringly as he places his hand on top of his shoulder. 

"It's fine," Eleanor says. "I can handle it, sir!"

For a moment, Louis breaks out of his tough exterior and smiles warmly at Eleanor. But then just like that, he is back to General Tommo. 

"Alright, so Horan, is your guitar all nice and tuned?" Louis asks Niall.

"Yes, sir!" Niall says cheerily. "I'm all set."

"And Carter, you remember your harmonies?" He asks.

"Yes, General Tommo, sir!" I say, using my free hand to salute.

"Good, good," Louis says to himself. "Alright, so as I mentioned before, this mission isn't for the faint hearted-" Louis shoots me a look. "-So if you don't think you can handle it, speak now of forever hold your peace-" Louis pauses and looks around. Luckily no one said anything. "Okay, so we all know what we're getting ourselves into. If one of us gets left behind, don't wait up. Just get yourselves out. Understand?"

"Alright, Lou," Harry laughs. "I think we can handle this."

Louis turns to Harry, narrowing his eyes. "And how do you know? We don't know what Vincent has."

"Well," I say, cutting in. "We don't care what Vincent has because, we have something better."

As I say that, I hold up a small white envelope. Everyone's gaze turns to the envelope, knowing smiles spread across their faces as they realize what I have. 

"Alright! Let's do this!" Niall shouts in excitement.

Louis nods in agreement. "Alright, Operation Some-Thing is in motion, places!"

When he says this, I drop my grasp around Harry's arm and make my way behind the boys, who were standing in front of Vincent Waller's office. Eleanor takes her place off to the side, ready to stop anyone from coming in. With one last look at us, Louis proceeds to push open The door, each of us filing into the office.

The moment we step in, I immediately feel a very choking feeling. Everything came back to me. From the first day that I met with Vincent about The Contract to terminating it. Big, constricting things happened in this little office an just being back in it made me remember what it felt like.

Even over the boys shoulders, I immediately spot Vincent, who is at his desk, messing with his computer. The moment we walk in, he look up, his dark brown eyes widening in surprise. 

"Boys? What brings you here?" He asks as he gets up from his seat, fixing his tie in the process. "You aren't supposed to be here for another week."

"Well, we just couldn't wait to see you again," I say as Louis steps to the side, revealing me to Vincent.

"Paige," Vincent says in surprise. "What are you...?"

"Surprised?" I say with a fake smile. 

"Yes, I am," He says leaning against the desk. 

"Well, don't be," Harry says as he wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me in. Immediately, my body molds with his. "Paige isn't going anywhere, anytime soon." 

As much as I tried to keep a determined face for Vincent, when I heard Harry say that, I couldn't help but smile again. I could hear him say that.

"Is that so?" Vincent says raising an eyebrow, eyeing Niall's guitar. "And is that what you came in here to tell me?"

"No," Niall says, hugging his guitar tighter. "We wanted to show you a new song we were working on."

"Yeah," Zayn chimes in. "You'll love it. We wrote it especially for you."

"Yeah, so take a seat, get comfortable," Louis orders him. "Put your feet up even."

Vincent studies each of us, before he says, "I'm good where I'm at."

"Suit yourself," Liam shrugs. "But pay attention to the song, it has a strong message."

"Niall? Care to start us off?" Harry asks as he drops his hand from my waist and I take a quick step back, giving the boys room.

Niall nods, positioning his guitar. And just like that, the opening chords to One Thing fills the office. We spent the entire trip from Sydney to London working on this parody. It felt good to have Harry helping us out this time. It felt right. 

"I've tried keeping my cool," Liam sings taking a step closer to Vincent. "But when I'm working for you. I can't ever be brave, cause you make my pulse race."

"Shot me right through the heart," Harry continues. "You're just playing your part. You keep making me thi-ink, You're selfish and controlling."

"Someones gotta go now," Zayn says walking around the desk. "Cause I'm dying just to make you leave. We don't need you here with us now. Cause you've got that something."

"So!" Everyone sings as the surround Vincent. "So get out, get out, get out of our lives. And fall into a ditch instead. I don't, I don't, don't care what you do. But we don't need that something. And you've got that something."

Vincent looks around at all of us, his lips are pursed together as if he is debating whether or not to yell at us. He knows exactly what is happening. However, right when I think he is ready to say something, Niall continues his part.

"Now we're finally through," Niall sings as he continues strumming. "But you don't care what we do, and we're going out of our minds; all day and all night." 

"Someones gotta go now," Louis sings as Zayn gives back up harmony. "Cause I'm dying just to see you leave, we don't need you here with us now, cause you've got that something."

"So, get out, get out, get out of our lives, and fall into a ditch instead. I don't, I don't, don't care what you do. We don't need that something, and you've got that something!"

"So get out, get out,get out of our way! And come on, come on, yeah, don't stay. I don't I don't don't care what you do. We don't need that something."

"And you've got that something," I finish.

After the song finishes, Vincent pushes through us and makes his way to the other side of the room. With his hands placed at his hips, he turns and looks at us. All traces of fake emotions are gone and for once, I see pure anger and frustration on Vincent's face. 

"So," Vincent finally says. "You boys think you can just fire me?"

"Yes," Louis answers bluntly. "We do."

"And we are," Zayn adds in.

"And what makes you think you boys have to power to do that?" Vincent challenges.

"You never had our best interest at heart," Harry says sternly, a bit of anger playing on his voice. "We don't want a manager that doesn't care for us; that doesn't care about what we want."

"And did she tell you that?" Vincent asks nodding towards me, probably referring to my last talk with Vincent.

"She has a name," Harry argues, "And no, we've been planning on letting you go for a while now."

"You can't do this," Vincent says, shaking his head. 

"Actually, they can," I say as I pull out the envelope. I extend my arm towards him and hand it over to Vincent. "Here's a little message from Simon Cowell."

Hesitantly, Vincent takes the envelope and opens it, his eyes widening in horror as he reads the message. I smile to myself, fully knowing that in a matter of minutes, Vincent will be up in Simon's office, sitting opposite of him as he gets fired. It feels like sweet revenge for me. It's only weeks ago where I was in his position, getting my contract terminated, and now, he will know how it feels. 

Vincent looks back up at us, wide eyes. "This is a fake."

"Nope, from Simon Cowell himself," Louis answers smugly. 

"He should be expecting you sometime soon," I inform him, still leaning against the desk. 

Vincent clenched his jaw, fully knowing that I'm right. I can tell he wants to say something, but he can't. Whatever he says now, won't help him in the least. He takes a deep breath as he backs up to the door, placing his hand on the handle about to open it.

Before he does, I say, "Oh and Vincent?" He stops and looks towards me, an annoyed expression on his face. "It's been a pleasure working with you."

Vincent takes a deep breath, most likely calming himself, before he turns back around and walks through the door. The moment he walks out the door, the atmosphere in the room grows lighter and I suddenly feel calm. I no longer feel that constriction. I can breathe fully and it feels great. 

No more Vincent. No more worrying. I can finally just be with Harry without freaking out about management being involved and I owe it all to Simon Cowell and his letter. And Harry for talking to him beforehand. Apparently, Simon has a soft spot for Harry and I'm happy Simon actually cares about the boys. He cares about what they need and what they want and as long as Simon is looking after them, I know they'll be in good hands.

"Well," Liam says excitedly, breaking the silence. "That was brilliant!"

"Right?" Zayn agrees. "Even better the second time! We're getting good at this."

"We probably shouldn't make a habit out of it," Louis laughs. "I'm getting too old for this. Too stressful."

"That's because you over think these things," I say laughing. 

"I, for one, think we just ruined Vincent's view on us," Niall says.

"Eh, his view on me wasn't so hot anyways," I shrug off. 

"Don't worry," Harry says, lacing his fingers through mine casually. "I don't think he liked me all too much either."

Is it sad that I actually think it's sort of romantic that Vincent dislikes us both? It probably is.

Just then the door pops open and for a moment, I think it's Vincent, but soon enough, Eleanor walks into the room. "So?" She asks excitedly. "How'd it go?"

"Weren't you listening?" Louis asks.

"I heard the song but not Vincent's reaction," She says sadly. 

Liam opens his mouth to answer, but Niall beats him to it.

"Can't we explain this over lunch?" He complains. "I'm about to die."

"Didn't you just eat?" Zayn asks.

"Yeah, but firing people takes a lot out of me," He counters.

"Alright," Louis says, waving everyone out the door. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

As I say this, Louis looks back at me, a mysterious smile playing on his lips. "Well, we are going out to eat," He says pointing to everyone but Harry and I. "But I believe Harry has other plans."

I look at Harry in confusion. "You do?"

But he doesn't reply, instead he simply waves to the boys with his free hand. "We'll see you guys in a couple of days."

Couple of days? What is happening?

One by one everyone exits out of Vincent's office. Before Eleanor leaves, I catch her gaze, trying hard to find a way to ask her what is going on, to which she replies with a wink.

"Okay, what's going on?" I ask once everyone is out of the office. 

"You still have your bags packed, right?"

"Yes..." I answer, trailing off.

"Good, because you're going to need them. We leave in an hour."

~*~

I don't know why I didn't see this coming, but the moment we step off the plane ten hours later, I know exactly where we are. I've been in this airport countless of times and the most recent happened about three weeks ago. I expect to feel a wave of sadness at the memory, but the moment I feel Harry's hand in mine, I feel better.

The last time I was here, things didn't end well for me. I left here feeling more alone than I have ever felt in my life. However, three weeks later, coming back here, I feel like the most loved girl in the world. I'm not alone and I'll never be alone. No matter if I don't have my parents anymore, I have something better. I have an actual family and granted they may be crazy, but who isn't? I won't give that up for all the money in the world.

"Are you alright?" Harry asks me, looking down with worried eyes. 

I squeeze his hands in response. "I'm perfectly fine."

The corners of his lips curve upward, showing off that goofy smile I love so much. "I know things in Orlando didn't work out so well for us last time, but I'm here to make it up to you."

I look at him curiously, tilting my head. "And how do you plan to do that?"

"Well, for starters, I plan on taking you for that second date I promised you," he starts.

The second date. I had so much hope for it. That was the moment I planned on telling Harry how I feel and that was when we were finally going to go out for those Florida Shakes. It was a big day for us, but all of that changed. And now Harry is here to make up for that.

"And," Harry continues, raising his free hand up, pointing it directly in front of us. "There is that."

My eyes widen as I see what's standing in front of me. 

Dylan is standing a mere ten feet away from me. It's only been three weeks since I last saw him and yet, it felt like another two years. And yet here he is, standing in the middle of a busy airport, holding up a sign that says "Pairry" in bold lettering. I didn't even notice the hat and suit he was sporting as I let go of Harry's hand and took off full speed towards Dylan, engulfing him in a huge hug.

"Whoa, Paige," Dylan says as he puts me down. "Watch the hat."

"Why are you dressed like that anyways?" I say, raising my eyebrow. 

"You don't like it?" He asks defensively. "I've gotten several numbers due to this get-up."

"Nice," Harry says giving him a nod of approval. I shoot Harry a surprised look, to which he shrugs. "Hey, I have to appreciate that."

"Thanks man," Dylan says, laughing. "Anyway, I'm here to be your humble driver for the next couple of hours."

"You're driving us?" I repeat giving him a dead look.

"Well, I'm not dressed like this for nothing," He says, referring to his chauffeur get-up. 

"You don't have to do that," I say, feeling guilty that my best friend will be driving us around.

"No, I want to, Pai," He says, brushing me off. 

I turn to Harry, unconvinced. "Did you put him up to this?"

Harry puts his hands up in defense. "No, it was all him."

"Seriously, Pai," Dylan says, "All he did was call me, asking where you can get a good milkshake. I offered up to drive. I thought it'd be fancier."

I suddenly blush from embarrassment. I just didn't expect to see Harry and Dylan communicating without my knowledge. He thought driving around in Old Gerty would be fancy? Oh, I pity the girl who gets his heart. 

"You called him?" I ask Harry hesitantly.

"Well, I wanted to make sure your first Florida Shake is the best," He shrugs as if it is no big deal.

And to anyone else, it probably isn't a big deal. But to me, it's a big deal. Harry went out of his way to put this together. He booked a flight, he set up a date, he talked to my best friend for an inside scoop. He did everything to make sure that this would go as smoothly as possible. I feel so many emotions at once, grateful, happiness, flattery. I can't believe Harry would do this for me. 

"I can't believe you'd do this," I say, turning to fully face Harry. I wrap my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his curly mass. "You're unbelievable."

"I just wanted this to be special," He says as he reaches up, running his thumb across me cheek. I smile at his touch.

And just like that, everything was special. Just being here with Harry and Dylan, everything was perfect. I couldn't ask for a better start to a second date. 

"As happy I am to see you both all lovey dovey again," Dylan says, interrupting us. "But, we should probably get going. I think I forgot to lock Gerty up."

Harry furrows his brows. "Uh, lock who up?"

"His car," I answer with a laugh as I drop my arms from Harry. "Okay, let's go, shall we?"

~*~