21: Payback

21: Payback ★ 

I rip my blankets off me, hoping that the cool air will help calm me down. 

This is the first time that I've had the dream while on tour. That means it's been weeks since the last dream, which is the longest I've ever gone. Usually it'd be every couple of days that I'd be woken up due to that dream. I don't know what it was that's making the dreams come less. I can only guess that it's because I'm back in America. My body knows that I am going back to my parents. It knows that I'm trying to reach out. 

I take a deep breath as I turn on my side. The sound of the boys heavy breathing and snores fill the otherwise quiet bus. That was a good sign, considering I didn't wake them up. Not even Harry was up and for some reason, I found myself disappointed.

The past two times I had the dream, Harry had been there for me. He helped me, whether he was aware of it or not. Now, he wasn't awake for me to go to.

Half of me wants to wake him, but the other half, the more respectful half, knows that I shouldn't. Despite that, I find myself getting out of my bed and pulling open the curtain to Harry's bunk. The blanket is draped over his waist, exposing his chest. It was hard to believe that mere hours ago, my body was pressed up against his. I can't help but stare at his torso. For a skinny guy, he is very well built. His defined pecs and abs stuck out, drawing my eyes to them. His chest rose and fell with his slow steady breathing.

Forcing myself to look away, I pull the curtain back even further. There was no harm in sleeping in there with him, right? As long as I stay on top of the covers, there will be no harm done. I mean, it was either crawl into bed with Harry or go for a late night walk. All alone in Las Vegas. 

Without thinking, I slowly climb into his bed, trying hard not to wake him. Once I'm in, I turn on my side, molding my body with Harry's. And just like that, I suddenly felt better. My hands unclenched, my breathing calms and my throat opens up. I don't know what it was about Harry, but for some reason, he made me calm. Even when we weren't on the best terms, he still managed to help me.

Suddenly, Harry's arms wrap around me, making me jump as his sleepy voice is fills my ears. "Couldn't sleep?"

"God, you scared me," I complain.

"Well, I can say the same about you," He points out. "I'm not the one sneaking into someones bed at the dead of night."

He was right of course, but I wasn't about to admit that. So instead I answer his first question. "I couldn't sleep."

Harry let's out a sigh, his hot breath hitting against my neck causing me to shiver. He removes his arms from my waist. When he does this, I look back at him curiously. Almost mad that he moved his arm. He looks back down at me, expectedly as he leans up on his elbows.

"Wanna go for a walk?"

I smile at him. "You just read my mind."

~*~

"So, are you ever going to tell me what all this is about?" Harry asks me curiously.

We were sitting on the curb, outside of the dirt lot that our tour bus was parked in. After walking for a good forty minutes, Harry and I had found ourselves back where we started. Deciding that we weren't in a rush to get back inside, we stayed out.

"What, what's about?" I ask, pretending that I didn't know what he wanted.

"You know, with the whole waking-me-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night thing," He says.

"Well, technically, I didn't mean to wake you up," I say in my defense. "I thought you were a heavy sleeper."

"I did, too," Harry says with a laugh. 

"Well, it's not my fault that the one night I decide to sneak into bed with you, you decide to wake up," I say in protest.

Harry smirks, "You do realize how creepy that sounded, right? You sound like some crazed fan girl."

I pause, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks as realization strikes me. Good job, Paige you just made yourself sound like a stalker. Care to embarass yourself anymore?

However, I'd rather look like a crazed fan girl than let Harry know what really happens in my dream. Right now, I don't think I can bare the thought of letting him know what's happening in my dream, whats going on with my parents. Although he probably deserves to know since he's been here to comfort me, but I'm just not ready.