6: The Concert

6: The Concert  ★ 

"Wait! You want me to do what exactly?" 

I stare at Vincent and the boys in disbelief. Were they really asking me to do that? They were looking at me with expecting smiles as if this were the most natural thing on Earth. 

Well, everyone except Harry.

He was separate from the group, leaning against the cinder block wall with his arms crossing tightly over his chest. An emotionless expression plays on his face. Was he just as shocked as I was? Was he upset? Mad? Constipated? What? He was so hard to read.

"Come on, Paige! It'll be easy," Niall says with a large smile.

"I'm not sure if I can do that," I complain.

"Yes, you can," Vincent reassures. "Right, boys?"

All their answers came at once.

"Oh, yeah definitely!"

"It'll be a walk in the park."

"Just remember to breath and it'll be over soon."

"Whatever you do, just don't throw up. Never a good thing."

"I think it's too late to say that, Louis." I say holding my stomach. "I feel nauseous."

Suddenly, Louis was by my side. He was holding my stomach as if he touched it, it would set me off. 

"Someone! Get her a bucket! We've got a puker!" Louis yells at the top of his lungs to the backstage crew. "Code Blue! I repeat! Code Blue!"

"Louis!" I shoot Louis a look of desperation. Does this boy not get embarrassed by anything? "Thanks, but I think I can manage." I say as I drop my hand, trying to internally calm my stomach. 

"Well, I have the bucket if you need it," He says as he holds up the blue bucket that a stage hand just brought.

"Thanks," I mumble. "But do I seriously have to do that? Isn't there any other way we can do this? Like I don't know, maybe we can send in some video of us an-"

"A video? You mean like a sex tape?" Louis asks, cutting me off. "Oh, no. I think we should wait a while, at least let you guys get an established relationship before we hit them with that."

"No! Not that!" I blush madly. My eyes widen in horror at what he suggested. "That's not what I meant. I was jus-"

"Aw, look at Paige! She's blushing!" Zayn says as he pokes my cheek. 

"No, I'm not," I say putting my hands over my face, hopefully hiding the full blush. Through my fingers I could make out the boys laughing. I could even see Harry smirking as I brought my hands down from my face.

"Okay, boys. Enough," Vincent says professionally, and then to me he says. "I'm sorry, Miss Carter, but this is the way we are going about this. Please be cooperative. Now that you've agreed, this is your job. So, like I said, just before the final song, one of the boys will introduce you. All you have to do is walk out on stage, smile, maybe hold Harry's hand, but most of all act happy."

I stay still as he explains this. I could feel my gut sink with each word he says. Did he really expect me to go out there, in front of thousands of crazy fan girls? I could only imagine what would happen. I shiver.

"Now, boys, go get mic checks and Paige, calm down. It'll be over before you know it." Vincent says before he walks off back stage.

"Yeah, before I know it," I mock, rolling my eyes.

"Don't worry, Paige," Niall says reassuringly. "They'll love you. We'll make sure you get an amazing intro."

"Yeah," Zayn agrees, nodding his head, his perfectly sculptured hair didn't move one bit as he did so. "By the end of the night every girl will want to be you."

"It's true," Liam laughs. "If it's one thing the girls love, it's curls. Right, Harry?"

Everyone turns to Harry for his response. He looks at each of his band mates before his eyes land on me. His green eyes pierce into my skin, covering every inch of my body. Much like the first time on the beach, I felt overexposed. Not because I thought Harry was checking me out, but because it felt like he was sizing me up.

Then, without a word, he pushes off the wall and makes his way towards the back.

"What's his problem?" I mutter.

The boys shrug. "He's probably still trying to grasp this thought."

"It's not fun having your bachelor-ness taken from you," Zayn says sadly.

"Well, I'm in the same position as him," I say, rolling my eyes. "I just don't get the whole I-Hate-Everyone-And-Everything attitude. He needs to get over himself or else this fake relationship won't last long."

I pause as I came to realization of the truth in that statement. How long was this 'relationship' supposed to last? A week? A Month? How long did they expect us to date? This was something that I need to talk to Vincent about before the tour.

"Don't worry, Paige. We'll talk to Harry. He'll act better on stage." Liam says as he puts his hand reassuringly on my shoulder. "Come on, lads. Let's go get him."

One by one the boys walk off in the direction that Harry ran off. As each boy passed they gave me a small encouragement for later on and a pat on the back. 

Soon, it was Louis' turn and he stops and looks at me. 

"Everything is going to be fine. We'll talk to Harry and he'll cooperate tonight. He'll be the best fake boyfriend ever," He smiles. "Enjoy it. I mean, you're going to be dating my best mate and the most sought after boy of the year. So, at least have fun."

I smile back. This was actually nice advice from Louis. From what I can tell he's not usually the most serious boy of the bunch. 

"But not too much fun!" He adds with a wink before skipping off.