7: Loose Ends

Before I start the chapter, i'd like to thank everyone for your support! It means everything to me. :D But I have a warning, this chapter will probably seem really boring...until the end.. so just a warning :P

______________________________________________

7: Loose Ends ★ 

We were back at The Amara, all crowding around in One Direction's penthouse suite. Louis, Zayn, and Harry are all scrunched together on the love seat talking; Niall is busy making a sandwich in the kitchen; and Liam was in the other room talking to Danielle. We were waiting for Vincent to come and tell us our plan for the American Tour. 

I, on the other hand, was still trying to recover from the shock of the concert. It's not like it was everyday that I'd have to go out in front of thousands of people, who probably now potentially hate me for 'stealing their future husband'. I was really tempted to check Twitter, but considering that I don't have an account there, I'm not really up to speed on how things get searched on there.

"How ya feeling?" Niall asks me as he takes a seat next to me on the floor, placing his plate on his lap.

"Never been better," I force a smile.

"Uh huh," Niall says, raising an eye brow. He saw right through me. "Well, at least you never have to do that again."

"Thank god for that," I mutter. "I think I would die if I ever did."

"Na, you'll get used to it," He says as he brings his sandwich to his mouth.

I don't respond. I just stare at the massive sandwich that Niall is devouring. I'm not sure what he put in there, or what kind of sandwich it was, but that didn't look like a normal sandwich. It just looks like Niall emptied the whole content of the fridge onto two slices of bread and stuck them together.

"Is that macaroni and broccoli in your sandwich?" I ask curiously pointing to the sandwich. 

He nods his head. "Sure is! Want a bite?"

"Very tempting," I scrunch my nose at the thought of letting whatever was in that sandwich into my body. "But uh, I think I'll pass."

"Suit yourself. More for me then."

"What else is in there?"

"Can't tell you. It's a secret," Niall says proudly.

"It's not really a secret," Louis cuts in from across the room. I didn't even notice that they had stopped talking and were now listening in on mine and Niall's conversation. 

"It is too. You guys don't even know what I put in there," Niall says defensively.

"That's because you don't even know what you put in there," Zayn points out.

"Yes, I do!" He complains. "I just can't tell you be-"

"Because it's a secret. We know," Louis and Zayn say almost at the same time.

Louis continues, turning towards me. "Paige, just don't eat it. If you do, then there really will be a Code Blue and I didn’t bring the bucket with me."

“Please, not another Code Blue,” I half-beg. It’s not like I really needed Louis to warn me about the sandwich. I wouldn't eat that thing if I were starving.

"I call it The Destroyer," Niall informs me proudly.

The Destroyer? Why would anyone want to eat a sandwich that sounds like it can body slam your stomach?

"Hey, Harry," Zayn says, playfully nudging Harry's arm. "Remember when Niall convinced you to eat a bit of his sandwich last month?"

Harry simply nods his head. "Yeah," He answers slowly, drawing out each syllable. This boy really knows how to make a person wait for a response.

We wait a few seconds to see if Harry is going to elaborate. It doesn’t surprise me when he falls silent again. He was like this the second he walked off stage. He just continued giving me the cold shoulder. On the drive to the hotel, he didn't say one word to me or to anyone for that matter. He just sat back in his seat and played on his phone. 

I honestly don't know what his problem is, but I wasn't going to let him get to me.

Or at least not let him know that it's getting to me, because it certainly was.

To break the awkward silence, the door swings open, revealing Vincent. He struts in with a large smile on his face. Soon, Liam gets off the phone and is standing behind the love seat, waiting for Vincent to talk.

"Great show tonight, boys," Vincent smiles to each boy. "And Paige, good job. You didn't come on too strong and the kiss was a nice touch."

"You're welcome," Louis says taking credit.

I shot Louis another dirty look. After the show, I pretty much tackled him to the ground from making me go through that. I have never been so embarrassed. Paul had to pull me off of Louis before I could actually hurt him. Not that I would hurt him, I just wanted to make sure he knew that I wasn’t very appreciative of his stunt on stage. I’m pretty sure I got that message across.

"Yeah, thanks, Louis," I say sarcastically. "You're the best."

"Any time, love," He says with a large smile.

"So," Vincent says, clapping his hands. "Next we have the North American Tour." The boys erupt into a small cheer following a series of high fives. "So, you have a couple days off before you depart for your first show in Virginia." 

This of course is followed by an even bigger cheer. I didn't blame them for being excited for having a couple days off. I couldn't imagine doing what they do every night. It'd seem repetitive and exhausting. But, then again, it's what they love and I guess that's what makes it worth it in the end. As cheesy as that sounds.