chapter 48 time to waste

The elimination ceremony was in 3 hours. I sat in my camper thinking. I placed my head into my hands. 'Why did I really save her?' I stood upright quickly. I walked to my dresser and grabbed some clothes. I opened my trailer door and headed towards the showers. I walked into the first empty stall and shut the curtain behind me. I stripped out of my dirty clothes and layed them over the side of the stall. I turned on the water and stepped back while it warmed up. I placed my hand under the water and once it was warm enough to give my hand a slight burning sensation I stepped under it. I pushed my hair back and waited for the water to get completely wet. I grabbed my bottle of shampoo and squirted a handful into my hair. I massaged it into my scalp slowly. Relaxing as I cleaned my hair and scalp.  I continued massaging as I started to sing.

"I know I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most" I sung quietly as I stepped back under the water.

"I learned to live, half alive
And now you want me one more time
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?" I started to sing a bit louder while adding conditioner to my hair.

"I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms
I've learned to live, half alive
And now you want me one more time
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?" I continued  as I once again stepped under the water and washed my hair out once again. I grabbed my body wash and continued.

"It took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
Tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?" I finished the song as I scrubbed my body clean.

"That was really pretty, I didnt know you could sing so well." Courtney said as she walked out of the stall on the end   wrapped in a pastel grey towel.

   " thanks I guess." I said monotone while shutting off the water and grabbing my midnight black towel and wrapping it around my body. I grabbed my hair turban and tied my hair up in it to dry. I grabbed my clean and dirty clothes from the stall and walked out of it.

  "I'm sorry I've been such a bitch to you lately " courtney said quietly.

   I didnt respond. I left the showers and went back to my trailer. I walked in and saw Duncan sound asleep on my bed. I put my dirty clothes into my basket. I took my underwear out of the clean pile and stepped into them, making sure I was covered by my towel. I grabbed my bra and turned around. I dropped my towel and turban onto the floor. I clipped my bra on. I grabbed my fuzzy leggings and pulled them on, I threw on my cropped shirt and walked over to the bed. I lifted Duncan's arm and climbed into the bed. I pulled the blanket up around us and cuddled up in spooning position with him.

The last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep was "you coulda dropped the towel gorgeous" from Duncan and then I was asleep.

Authors note
Sorry for not updating lately but here I am trying to give you something to read. It might not be the best but its something.