Chapter 39 my decision

I pulled my black veil further down over my watery eyes as I smoothed out the floor length black dress I was wearing. Duncan wrapped an arm around me and rubbed my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. I looked to my parents, my mom was sobbing, my dad had silent tears running down his face, he was trying to be strong for me and mom but even he couldn't keep the tears from falling. I held onto to Duncan like I would never let go. I never released his hand, not when I went to speak, not when I walked up to look at my sister in the casket, not when my and my mom hugged silently sobbing, not when I helped carry the casket, not when I threw a handful of dirt onto the box in the ground, if I had let go of his hand or not brought him with I might have had a break down.

Now I just had to decide, will I go back, or will I just go home and stay in my room til my thoughts get the better of me. I have less than 20 minutes to decide.

I was going back to me and Duncan's home in Montana, I was quitting total drama.

"Duncan, I can't go back, I need some time away from the drama and everything. I might go traveling in the camper for a while. But I can't go back" I said hugging him.

"If that's what you need to do my love, I'll support you no matter what. But I have a surprise for you." He said while opening my bag and pulling out the cards that he said were for veronica. "The cast gave these to me, So I could give them to you. Even the eliminated cast sent some."

My eyes watered as I took the colorful stack.

Bridgette: hey kayleigh, I know we haven't been getting along all to well lately but I still care for you. I consider you a good friend and don't want to see you hurting. I hope veronica is okay and that you will make it to the end. I'll be routing for you all the way.

Geoff: hey tough girl, I know that you are strong, but even the strongest people need to cry. If you need a shoulder I'm here.

Gwen: I'm sorry I tried to throw challenges, but i hope for the best for you and i want you to stay strong veronica would want you to keep your head held high.

Trent: the rest of us here have alot of love for you and i even wrote a song for you, hopefully you don't quit the show but if you do I support you and will sing it for you.

A card from all the campers still on the island: kayleigh, we have all had our ups and downs with you. But you are one of a kind, we all love having you here. You are generous and amazing and should not have to go through this but no matter what you decide we all support you and with the best for you.

The final one was from Duncan: in case I'm not here to tell you how I feel I want you to have this so you will always know how I feel about you. I'm not good with words but this way I won't stutter.

Kayleigh,
You are the strongest, wildest, most understanding girl I will ever meet. I fall in love with you over and over again. I love how you put me in my place when I need it and stand up for yourself. I get lost in your gorgeous brown eyes. I'm memorized by you, your eyes your hair your attitude. I love you kayleigh and I can't bare to see you upset but no matter what you do I have your back and will always stay by your side. So If you quit I quit if you stay I stay.

And those letters, they were the reason I decided, I was going back to total drama action.

(Thanks for all the feedback and votes here you go a third update for the day. I'm gonna try to update daily. But I'm adding more depth to the characters due to some negative comments in my inbox but I believe they had a point but did not know how to express it. Thanks for your support?