56 - The Reign

Chapter 56 – The Reign

~Amelia's POV~

"We are vampire royalty, I'm sure we've forgotten what gratitude feels like." I spoke, walking back and forth in front of the open laptop.

Rebekah's chortle was reprimanded by Elijah. I caught the end of Marcel's glare.

"I don't understand why your family member is acting like the mediator. She'll rule in your favor, for sure." Marcel scoffed.

"Out of all of us, excluding the past, you two are the closest. If anyone would show any empathy for you and even bother to-"

"I think Marcel gets the point, Niklaus." Elijah cut off our brother's ramblings.

"What should we do? Davina is in an extremely delicate situation." Marcel's tone betrayed his feelings about the young witch.

"What about Celeste?" Rebekah interrupted.

"Who is Celeste?"

"Elijah's ex." Nik commented. "The psycho witch."

"You'd really have to narrow it down brother." I smirked.

"The one who is currently possessing some other innocent witch." Hayley, who had been quiet until then, spoke up.

"Why do you think she is innocent? All the witches of New Orleans I've heard about are absolute bitches." I scoffed.

"Because she helped me reunite with my family." Hayley replied, her eyes misting over.

"Hayley, don't worry, one problem at a time. I'll help you out." I reassured her.

"Just come here soon, sister. We need you here." Nik requested.

"I'll be there as soon as I wrap up loose ends here. For now, let me help out any way I can." I smiled softly. "Now, back to business. Marcel, don't worry about Davina. Rebekah, I'll take care of Elijah's ex too."

"There's also Genevieve."

"Who's that now?"

"Niklaus' crazy ex." Elijah shot Nik a triumphant look.

"What's wrong with the men in our family?" I wondered, rubbing my forehead.

"Genevieve has taken command of the witches for now, she's our double agent but I don't know how fast she'll turn on us."

"Quick. Double Agents always do." I replied promptly. "Keep her on our side, use her for whatever you need done for as long as you need. Be on top of the situations. As her to link Davina and Celeste together. Rebekah just texted me everything about Celeste-"

"When did you do that?" Marcel turned to Rebekah with a questioning look.

"Just now." Rebekah slid her phone inside with a small smirk.

"Hayley, ask Celeste to either repeat the spell and record her or give you where she got the spell in writing. I don't trust her and I would love to have the old werewolf royalty backing us."

"Werewolf royalty?" Hayley asked, rubbing her belly with worry.

"Did you not know?" I frowned, "You're part of the Crescent wolf pack, and it's considered Royalty in the werewolf world."

"The Crescent wolf pack?"

Marcel and Klaus exchanged a look.

"Yes, the same one that you cursed."

Hayley had Marcel by the throat in the next instant.

Marvel, smartly made no move against Hayley's hold. My siblings were ready to jump to her aid so I wasn't too worried. Hayley herself already had advanced abilities even if she hadn't realized it yet.