22 ~ History Repeats Itself. People clearly don't learn from their mistakes.

Chapter 22 ~ History Repeats Itself. People clearly don't learn from their mistakes.

~Amelia's POV~

"What the hell are you doing here?" I exclaimed angrily. Standing in front of me in all his glory was Michael.

All of us had packed our bags and left for the nearest airport as soon as they had finished firing questions at me. I had compelled a private jet for us since there was a long process to go through for the commercial ones. I didn't feel like I had the most patience today. And whatever patience I had I felt it slipping away the second I set eyes on him.

"Well, you see; Klaus sent me..." He started but I cut him off with a furious look.

"Nik sent you!?" I all but shouted. The rest of the gang didn't dare open their mouth.

He nodded and I quickly took out my phone and called Nik. He thankfully picked up in a couple rings and he said, "I am guessing you already met them."

"Yeah. I did. What were you thinking Nik?! Wait who them? It's only Michael here." I paused. "Who else is here Nik?" I gritted out.

"Don't worry. It's Tyler. Not someone else who you hate."Nik said making me sigh in relief.

"Why Ty? He likes it in Mystic Falls. Did you compel him Nik?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"There were some complications that arose here and he had to get out of town. It was his decision." Nik explained and I sighed.

"Why are they here Nik?"

He laughed nervously and said, "You see, I need your help back here. So I sent them. I hoped that they would speed up the process. Extra helping hands and all. Also I just want you to be safe."

I thought over what he said and I admitted- grudgingly- that he was indeed correct.

"Okay. Thanks I guess." I shrugged, forgetting he couldn't see me.

He sighed in relief and I continued, "By the way, why isn't Rebekah answering her phone?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. It had been almost a week since I had spoken to her.

"The doppelganger has daggered our dear sister. She is currently in the Salvatore basement." I heard the sound of something being smashed. I could imagine how angry he was. He was super protective of me and Rebekah. The time he himself had daggered Rebekah was due to the fact that we were in danger. Nik tended to make rash decisions. I guess that trait ran in the family.

"That bitch!!" I fumed. Elena was going to pay.

"So why can't you go in and take her?" I questioned him after I had calmed myself a bit.

"They seemed to have realized that we had entered their house without permission. So Elena became the owner of the house. Again." Nik said in a bored tone.

"Oh great." I mumbled sarcastically.

"I'll come back as soon as I can. I am part witch and werewolf so somewhat human. I'll get Rebekah back don't worry." I reassured him.

"I was hoping you would say that." Nik stated and I could imagine the grin on his face.

"Do you know why she was daggered in the first place?" I asked him. I had tried to think of every possible motive but I came up blank.

"No clue. But I am guessing it is part of some major plan. They don't know how many hybrids I have. Rebekah would kill them if they tried anything against me. And you aren't in town. So it is the perfect opportunity. Anyways I don't want to wait and find out the result of their plan. I have a good hunch that it isn't all rainbows and candy."