17 ~ Apparently My Acting Skills Have Deserted Me.

Chapter 17 ~ Apparently My Acting Skills Have Deserted Me.

~Amelia's POV~

"Amelia, why is Gloria dead?" Nik burst into my room furious, slightly suspicious of me.

"Hello to you to Nik." I drawled out lazily not affected by his anger in the least.

"Answer the question!" Nik roared at me.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said innocently.

"You know very well what I am talking about." Nik said with gritted teeth.

I smirked internally loving the way he had gotten riled up so easily.

"Yes brother. I killed Gloria."

"Why?!" He demanded.

"Don't get your panties in your twist brother. I can find out the information that she wasn't able to." I said offhandedly. "Did you forget that I am a witch as well?"

"How will you do it if she wasn't able to?"

"Well for one, I am more powerful. Two, it is my mother that we are trying to contact. Surely she can take out a couple minutes out of cooking up schemes to try to make our lives hell, to talk to me- her oldest daughter." I shrugged.

"Good. Get to it soon." Nik said to me. "I need to start building my hybrid army. We never know when he might come and try to kill us. We have to be ready." There were very rare moments when Nik actually showed fear. And now I could see the fear lying underneath his façade.

"Don't worry Nik. I am not letting him do anything to us anymore." I said reassuring him. He gave me a small smile and went out of the room. I heard him talking to Rebekah while I hunted for my grimoire and white candles.

Once I found them, I laid them in a small circle and motioned Rebekah to stand in front of me as I stepped into the circle. I took hold of Rebekah's hands and told her to imagine all the memories that were associated with the necklace.

I felt the change in the atmosphere once she had started doing so. The candles flared suddenly and Rebekah jerked but I had a firm hold on her hand.

I felt the whole revolve around me and suddenly I was surrounded by white light and I saw the silhouette of what I thought was a person. The silhouette came closer and I whispered upon recognition, "Mother?"

~Third Person's POV~

"Hello Amelia." Esther said simply. She looked just like Amelia remembered.

"W-what....h-how-?" Amelia stuttered trying to make sense of the jumbled thoughts going through her mind.

"When Klaus savagely killed me, I took refuge with the witch spirits. They have kept my soul preserved for the past so many centuries." She explained to Amelia. "I didn't show myself to that witch Gloria since she wasn't powerful enough to contact me nor did she have any good intentions."

"You on the other hand, are my own flesh and blood. You may be a hybrid, an abomination but you are still my daughter." She said softly continuing.

However furious Amelia may be with her for doing countless of unforgivable deeds, she was still her mother.

"Mother, I need your help. Nik needs to find a way to make more hybrids and I need to carry out a plan. I won't be able to do any of them without your help."

"I know all about the hybrids." She snapped angrily. She had gone through all this trouble to ensure that Niklaus wouldn't break the curse. And now since that had already happened, she had to make sure that Nik wasn't able to make more hybrids.