27 ~ The plan goes well, except for one tiny problem.

Chapter 27 ~ The plan goes well, except for one tiny problem.

Mikael - the original and father to the twins... Michael - the hybrid... (Because there was some confusion)

~Third Person's POV~

"Niklaus, come out and face me or the doppelganger dies." Mikael threatened. The doppelganger was pushed ahead by a hybrid and Mikael held her arm tightly making her wince.

"You are bluffing." Klaus said narrowing his eyes. "Go ahead."

"Klaus, don't. He will do it." The doppelganger pleaded.

"Listen to her Niklaus. If she dies, this lot will be the last of your hybrids." Mikael said.

"I won't need them. I just need to get rid of you." Klaus said through gritted teeth.

"For what? So that you can live an eternal life with no one by your side? With no one to love? No one who cares for you?" Mikael taunted and laughed humorlessly "Nobody cares for you anymore boy."

Amelia snorted and said, "I disagree. He has me. I have stuck by his side and I will do so for as long as I am alive."

Mikael turned and glared at her. "This is what is wrong with you. He has destroyed your life but you still choose to stick by him. I expected better from you."

"He is family. And family sticks together. Unlike you." Amelia said with a scowl.

"I am calling your bluff father." Klaus interrupted, making Mikael face him again. "Kill her."

"Come outside and face me you coward and I won't have to." Mikael said.

"My whole life you have underestimated me. So kill her. See if I care. Go on old man. Do as you say and kill her." Klaus replied standing his ground. Mikael's words were getting to him but he refused to show it.

Instead of replying to Klaus, Mikael took out a knife and plunged it into the girl he held captive. She gasped in pain as the knife entered her stomach. She fell to her knees clutching at her wounded area.

She looked straight into Mikael's eyes and said, "What will you do now? The only leverage you had is gone."

Mikael clenched his jaw in annoyance but then spoke up with confidence lacing his tone, "I still have Niklaus' hybrids under compulsion."

As if on cue, the hybrids started walking towards the twins, with every intention to kill them. All Klaus wanted to do at that moment was ripping Mikael's head off then and there, but Amelia didn't let him take even a single step. Klaus shot his sister a frustrated and angry look but she just shook her head at him.

"I wouldn't be too cocky about it." Amelia said to Mikael in a calm voice, not losing her cool.

Just as Amelia finished speaking, the doppelganger got up, took the knife out of herself with a smirk and threw concentrated vervain and wolfs bane grenades at the hybrids. And then with a wink and nod at Amelia, she took off like a bullet. It was Katherine, posing as Elena to deceive Mikael. She was only a vampire and it wouldn't end pretty for her if she stuck by and was caught up in a hybrid verses originals war.

The hybrids were somewhat paralyzed since the grenades were highly concentrated and it burned their skin. And in this momentary lapse, all of Amelia's hybrids came out of their hiding spots and attacked Klaus's hybrids. In a matter of seconds, there was an all out hybrid war.

"Was that Katerina?" Klaus questioned his sister, surprised with the turn of events.

"Yes. And I will explain later. We have more important matters at hand." She murmured in reply.