36 ~ I Had Every Intention Of Being Mad At Him For Atleast A Year

Chapter 36 ~ I Had Every Intention Of Being Mad At Him For At Least A Year.

~Amelia's POV~

I watched with a scowl as Stefan and Nik muttered amongst themselves about something. Elijah had explained his theory and we were now in the living room of our mansion. We had taken care of Sage and the unknown vampire's bodies. Eliza had left after muttering something about having a serious talk with Damon. I hadn't given it much thought since I had much more pressing issues to attend to.

"What are you two whispering about like girls?" I asked heatedly. "What is it that you are hiding from me?"

Their heads snapped to me and I raised one eyebrow, waiting for one of them to talk. I wanted to know why Stefan killed or assisted in killing my brother and why Nik hasn't blown up on him. Obviously they knew something that was being hidden from me.

"Nothing." Stefan blurted out making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah right." I snorted. The two of them exchanged another look but remained silent. "Will you tell me why I saw you helping to kill my brother?" I pointed to Stefan and then Nik, "And you apparently couldn't care less. Obviously there is a reason. And I want to know it."

"The thing is that..." Stefan started but Nik elbowed him making him stop.

"She deserves to know." Stefan argued, turning to face my brother.

"Know what?" I pressed.

"I guess. She is her friend as well." Nik replied after a while.

"Who? Hello? I am still here!"

"Joanna. She has been kidnapped by Elena and Bonnie."

These words made my body fill with rage. I considered her as my daughter. I had watched her grow up; I had helped her throughout her teen life. To think of her in any harm was not pleasant. For all I knew she was being tortured right now.

"How and when did this happen?" I questioned trying to be calm.

"Yesterday. Jo was tricked by Elena. Elena posed as Kat and lured Jo out. And since Jo isn't a full vampire she couldn't differentiate between the two." Stefan explained.

"And you knew about this?" I asked to my twin brother.

"He found out accidently. And I asked him not to tell you." Stefan spoke before Nik could.

"But why. I could have helped you find her." I stated.

"You already had your hands full with breaking the link between you guys. I didn't want to pile on it. So Klaus and I made a plan." Stefan said.

"And what was this oh so great plan of yours?" I questioned sarcastically.

"I had made a deal with Bonnie to kill Finn. But what they didn't know that I would do it only after you broke the link. So if you weren't linked anymore Finn dying won't affect anyone of you. That was Klaus' job. To let me know when the link was broken. So Damon and Elena didn't know that that link was already broken and they thought I was helping them by helping myself."

"But what about Jo? I don't see her anywhere here." I state.

"She is still there." Nik replied.

"Why?!" I questioned stonily.

"Because we don't know where she is being held." Stefan replied.

"How do you even know that she indeed is being held somewhere?" I asked him.