91- What was that?

*Andy's POV*

I watched Oona as she slept, careful not to wobble the bed and wake her. Only a few more minutes. If I could just have those few, final minutes....

I forced myself to be absolutely still, and it was torture watching the numbers slowly changing on the alarm clock. 11:54 pm, 11:55 pm, 11:56 pm...

At last, it was midnight. Without letting the bed shake, I reached for Oona's seed, where I had set it earlier.

Shit! I fumbled it! What the fuck, that had to happen now?

Glancing at Oona briefly, I peeked over the edge of the bed. Good, it was right by the mattress, I could reach it from where I lay, if I stretched. Ever so carefully, I shifted flatter against the bed, smooshing my wing, and started to feel for the seed, attempting to find it by hand, when Oona rustled in her sleep.

I stopped moving, and stayed frozen for a few minutes. She didn't move again, and her breathing was steady. I moved my fingers a little bit further away from the mattress, and the seed brushed my fingertips. Reaching, I was just able to grasp it between my middle and ring fingers!

Slowly, I brought it towards me, until I could see it. As soon as I had it fully seated in my left palm, safe and sound, I realized I had been holding my breath, and I slowly let it out.

I looked at the seed, and willed it, with everything I had, to accept the love I had for Oona. I wanted it to carry it to her, to make her my mate, as I was hers.

Staying quiet, I placed the seed to my lips and kissed it, wishing that same wish, unreservedly. Then, with extreme caution, I moved to hold it over Oona's right ear. After a moment of my nerves getting the better of me, I let it go, and watched it fall into her ear canal.

Instantly, I saw her dark eyes spring open. "What was that?"