76- Would we be fused as a horrible mutant?

*Oona's POV*

Excitement filled me when I was abruptly alone in the bedroom! Though the possibility existed that Andy had traveled to the wrong place unintentionally, I was fairly confident he had finally succeeded.

Quickly I touched a finger to the mirror and envisioned myself in my home in the Underworld. When I arrived, I found a startled but beaming Andy, still in his incubal form.

I threw my arms around him. "You did it! I knew you could!"

Andy blushed. "I guess you were right, it definitely helped to be manifested. It felt more... natural."

He gave me a dubious look, probably anticipating what I was about to say. "Now demanifest here. We'll see if you can travel when you're human-"

Andy balked. "-But I'm not human, apparently! What's the point, if this makes it easier?" As he talked, he made little horns on his head using his fingers, right next to his actual antlers.

I chuckled at him and pointed at the makeshift loincloth he'd made out of one of the sweatshirts he'd ruined when he'd manifested unexpectedly. "That's the point.You may not always have time to change form before you travel." Andy rolled his eyes. "And if you're in a hurry, you'll just ruin more clothes. So, unless you intend to spend the rest of your life shirtless and wearing a loincloth, I think it's worth practicing."

Andy chuckled at me. "Yeah, I'm not sure what the guys would think about me running around like this twenty-four seven, with my junk swaying in the breeze."

I watched as he scowled in concentration, then managed to demanifest really quite quickly, and without falling over! I beamed at him, so proud of his progress.

Andy blushed as he put his hand on the mirror on my wall. "Ok, stay put. If this works, I'll be back in a minute."

As I would have figured, Andy had no trouble returning to his home. He was very familiar with the location; it made sense. However, he didn't reappear immediately. Just as I was starting to wonder if I needed to return to his dwelling to try and help, he materialized right next to me.

I was so close, Andy got startled, taking a few steps back. "Wah! Shit!" He started chuckling nervously. "Damn, that was close! What if I had popped up right where you're standing? Would we have died? Would we be fused as a horrible mutant?"

I giggled at his genuinely anxious expression. "No!" My kind learned such things so early on in school; I had long forgotten that it might be a source of apprehension. "It just can't happen that way."

Andy looked suspicious. "How do you know? I mean, what if we merged together into some hideous beast, unable to move, with four arms, and our heads were all gross and put together-"