62- There was definitely no fury in the Underworld...

*Sebastian's POV*

After helping Andy pip back as he was supposed to be and get him fully established as a human, Penemue and I sent him back to his bedroom to keep an eye on the restroom door. Neither one of us had to say a thing: Andy had said it all.

Penemue and I were both pretty darned old men. If there was one thing we both could recognize, it was that weird, inexplicable power that seemingly came out of nowhere, at times, where females would unite against their menfolk, often over some imagined slight. Both of us had seen it, through the centuries. Call it 'girl power,' 'female bonding,' and suchlike, the title wasn't what mattered. I suspected it was hormonally mediated.

Poor Andy was just a kid, and blind as a pumpkin. He couldn't see that the lack of screaming and cat fighting was a clear indicator that Juliet and Oona were forming some kind of bond of sisterhood, and we, as men, all needed to be wary. In fact, Andy, as their mutual man and object of contention, needed to watch his balls.

As soon as Andy had gone back in the room, Penemue and I had sat next to each other and agreed that we needed to watch Andy's back, lest his romantic interests turn on him and decide to castrate him in some feminist bid for vengeance. Andy was too innocent and trusting. I'd known Oona for centuries, and Juliet seemed like a reasonable person, but we'd both seen what good women could do, given the encouragement of others of their kind.

Crow and Femme weren't convinced. I wondered if perhaps it was because they lacked sex hormones? Either way, the important thing was that Crow was likely safe from any retribution against men, as he had already been castrated. Ultimately, both cats dubiously agreed to help protect Andy from any outright attacks made by either Oona or Juliet, though they insisted that we were overthinking. As a resident of the Underworld, I could attest that there was definitely no fury there that could match the scorn of a really pissed off sisterhood of supernatural women!

Oona came barreling out of the bedroom, and stood before Penemue and I, looking... excited? I looked at Penemue, apprehensive. Were we too late? Had she lost her mind in her grief and killed either Juliet or Andy already?

"Sebastian! It was you who told me what it was to take a mate. I need you to focus." I nodded. Oona didn't look bloody, and I hadn't heard any screams... Oona started pacing, which was most definitely unlike her. Bizarre! "Firstly: can an incubus have more than one mate?"

Penemue made the most horrified face, as though he had just smelled a corpse, I couldn't help chuckling. I would have laughed louder, but I didn't want to completely ruin our fragile alliance, for Andy's sake. 'Mue shot me a dirty look.

I thought about it. At first, I thought I really didn't know. To feel love at all for our kind was uncommon, taking it that step further was almost unheard of, especially in modern times. The odds of truly wanting to do that more than once, for a lust demon, were very low. But, then again, Andy was packing a lot more than incubus in his gene pool.