I must say, heroic actions aren't my forte

Third Person's POV

Aria pressed her heel against the newly replaced door of the Gilbert home, slamming in open. "Knock knock."

Elena jumped back, having only just walked past when it was slammed open. "Stefan!" She called after a pause of shock, clearly alarmed at the sight of two Originals at her door.

Elijah glanced at his sister for a moment, but that was all the warning he had to give, he had made his instructions very clear earlier, he wanted to make a deal with Elena and his sister wasn't to rip her head off. They were simple instructions that he knew she'd listen to, that is if Elena made no mistakes with what she said in front of her.

Stefan came beside Elena. "Elijah," he sighed, "Aria."

"Hello again." Elijah said, a ghost of a smile on his face. Aria merely scowled, crossing her arms, distaste for the three people in the house was plainly obvious. For if she truly wanted, her glare could actually set things on fire, but then again, in a rhetorical way, so could Elijah's... Elijah, having already been invited in, walked inside. Aria of course, followed. "By all means, sit." He gestured. After a small hesitation, Elena sat down at the table, where the Original had made himself comfortable. The Hybrid, however, refused to acknowledge the table. And the chairs.

"What are you doing here," Stefan asked.

Aria growled, "don't ask unnecessary questions. Its obvious why we're here, but I guess your to god damned stupid to know so I'll stated them for you, Alaric and the stake."

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed and its in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth, and Alaric will follow." Elijah explained, obviously ignoring how his sister had started the conversation.

"And you'll just, run?" Stefan questioned, sitting down in the seat beside Elena, which was the vacant chair next to Elijah. He was skeptical, why would they want to help with their problem?

"Don't kid yourself hairspray boy," Aria snarled, she was clearly annoyed and it dawned to the Salvatore just how close she was to killing them, but he didn't understand why she hadn't, "what do you think my family did when Mikael was around, play Monopoly?"

Elijah gave Aria a look, before turning back to Stefan, "what Aria was trying to say was we've spent a better part of a thousand years evading my father. Whats another half a century whilst Elena lives out the rest of her natural life."

"We've finally stopped him, Elijah," Elena began, the Doppelganger failed to notice the Hybrids darker change of mood, Aria's knuckles turned white from the intensity in which she clenched them, blood began to drip from where her nails pierced the palms of her hands and her body began to shake, ever so slightly. "After everything that he's done to us, I can't just, give him back."

Elijah snapped out his arm, halting any movement his sister was about to make, which included ripping every limb from every socket that Elean's body possessed. "Careful Elena," Elijah began calmly, "every word you say in the pressence of my sister can very well be your last." Elijah turned his attention to Aria, "you are not to harm Elena." He commanded before removing his outstretched arm.

Stefan looked warily at the Hybrid. The only thing that had changed was that Aria had slowly unclenched her hands. Her eyes flickered between gold and blue as the veins appeared and disappeared beneath her eyes every few moments.

The Salvatore was sure she was going to jump forward and kill them all, yet she did not move.

Elena looked frightened, she felt unsafe, what she had said had obviously hit a nerve of Aria's and she was now very aware of how bad tempered the Original was at this moment, if she didn't watch what she said, it could very well mean the end.