1. Hi {Revised} ✔

(Revised)

Becky Pov

"We're going to be late to church again, mom!" I shouted shaking my head.

What's up with Africans always being late to everything?

It's true what they said that about them never being on time. I tell you it the gospel truth. Never in my life has mother ever finish doing whatever that she's doing on time.

Honestly, this is making others look bad. Others that are attempting to break the African cycle of being fashionably late.

My family is very blended. I come from two different sides yet similar side of the household. My father was born and raised in California. He is a brown skin and African and American man. He retired from the military not too long ago.

My mother a strong, beautiful, African native from Midwest of Africa, Brazzaville.

She moved here long ago for education reasons. Where she met my father and got married. And they lived happily ever after. Kidding, they had me. I was a surprise to them at the end of their honeymoon. If you ask me. It was not my fault. They just couldn't keep their hands off of each other and chose to be all touchy feeling. I'm the only child.

"You look lovely, mom." I complimented, hoping that she will take the hint so we can go.

She nodded. And ask the million dollar question, "When are you going to have my grandbabies? You know I'm not getting any younger. Neither are you."

"Oh, why can't you just accept Serge's marriage proposal?" she has been going on and on about this for eternity.

"Mom, I'm sure Serge is a great guy. But I don't feel anything when I'm with him, okay. And I'm not going to marry him just because he is African. I want to marry someone that I love."

I kissed her on the cheek. She looked defeated, knowing her I confident that she will bring up this conversation soon.

We got to the church I sensed that someone was gazing at me, hard. I've never seen him before at church he must be new.

My mom tells me that the guy is none other than veronica's son, that he rarely comes to church cause he's too busy running his father's company. It's a miracle even to see him here of all places.

Still, I think that no one can ever be too busy for church. I mean, even God rested on the seventh day of making the world, if God O' Almighty can do that, so can he.

I guess his mother made him come to church today he doesn't look euphoric to be here.

We walked passed them. Curiously, I took a quick glance at him. He pierced his eyes all around me. Making feel a bit uncomfortable. As he scanned my body up and down with his lips holding a seductive grin that causes me to shiver. He was well-built. Tall. Slick dark-brownish hair and the grayish blue eyes I've ever seen.

Jesus, he was a masterpiece!

And God must've taken his precious time making this man.

The man wore a black suit matching his Cadillac Escalade. Everything that he had could buy my life. But still, couldn't compare to what God has done for me all these years.

The women next to him had platinum gray hair and ocean blue eyes. His mother, Veronica.

He glimpsed at me. He cockily smirked.

Great, He sure knows that he's very handsome.

Need to calm my hormones. Because the one I was at church for crying out loud! And two everything about him screams the player type women probably throw themselves at him. But I won't.

--------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you've enjoyed this chapter!

God bless, loves!

Vote. Comment. Share.