Chapter 12

Hey everyone! The new chapter is here! *drumrolls* This chapter contains a few surprises, but you'll survive :P Oh, and we wanted to thank each and every one of you for your constant support and love for this story, we would have never made it this far without you guys! <3 Okay, that's enough, enjoy reading!! XD -M&N

********************

"Angel!" I make my way to her and hug her so tightly. I'm basically holding her as if my life depends on it. I pull back and look at her eyes that so much resemble his and sigh, "I missed you so much."

"Well, you don't have to anymore; I'm staying here for the next couple of months." She says and squeezes my shoulder. Angel has been the most important adult in my life since I met her. She is even closer to me than my mom is.

Ace coughs, and my eyes dart to him nervously. I grab Angel's hand, close the door, and walk up to ace, "Angel, this is Ace; he's my..." Ace raises his eyebrows expectantly "friend. He just transferred here a few weeks ago."

"Hello, Ace, nice to meet you," she smiles and shakes his hand. "I'm Alex's mother, Evangeline, but you can call me 'Angel'. Oh, Eternity, remember how he was the one who gave me that nickname?" Dammit! I shake my head at her, trying to make her understand that he doesn't know anything.

"Alex? Oh yes, Alex! Nice to meet you, Angel" He says, shaking her hand back then. He looks at me when Angel walks away to the kitchen. "Oh god, I'm starving! Your parents aren't home, Eternity, are they?" She calls out.

"No, Angel, they are not," I call back as I grab Ace who looks at me like he's enjoying this whole chaos.

"Alex, huh? Never mentioned any Alex's to me, Infinity." He pokes my nose.

"Stop goofing around, Ace, this is serious!" I say as I slap his hand away. "Listen, trust me, Alex is not something I want to dwell about now, so one day when I'm ready to talk about him, you will be the first one to hear it."

"Okay," He says and raises his hands, signaling he won't push it any farther.

I walk away towards the kitchen to catch up with Angel when Ace starts, "Eternity."

"Huh?" I reply, turning around to face him.

"Did this Alex do something to you? Did he break your heart?"

"Let's say he didn't get the chance to."

He looks at me and says, "And that woman inside? Should I trust her?"

"Yes, Ace, she's amazing, I swear." I say while rubbing my eyes. Man, I'm exhausted.

"Alright, I'll take your word for it. Plus, she reminds me of my mom, and I need someone like that now."

My hands stop rubbing immediately and I look at him, "Your what? Your mom? You have a mom?!"

"Who doesn't, sweetheart?" He smiles, his smile a bit broken though.

Just as I'm about to reply, Angel walks out of the kitchen; she's on the phone, "Yeah, yeah, I'll be there as fast as I can."

"I'm sorry, baby, I have to run."

"You're not gonna eat?" I ask, concerned for her.

"I'll grab something on my way." She says as she slams the door.

Ace looks at me and cocks an eyebrow.

"What? She's a doctor." I shrug.

"Let's get you upstairs; we've a lot of things to talk about."

***

A year ago, I had vowed to never let another heart touch mine again. No. Not after everything that happened. So what am I doing, grinning like an idiot from ear to ear as I lead Ace to my room? You're swimming in dangerous waters, Eternity. I feel way off my game, but then I wonder if I were ever on my game in the first place, where Ace is concerned.