Chapter 27

I’m almost ashamed of my panic attacks on the way here. Either that or I’m channeling Old Eternity quite well because these have to be the coolest people I have ever met. And by cool, I mean warm easy going people. And they like me! After meeting Nolan, Ace introduces me to Scott, who seems to be the voice of reason in the trio. He has wavy brown hair and green eyes that he covers with a pair of hipster glasses, and he has a habit of rolling his eyes before shooting down whatever insane idea Ace and Nolan come up with. There is also Haley, Scott’s girlfriend. She is a gorgeous brunette with creamy skin and brown eyes that look like mine. She greets me with, “Oh, finally, I’m not the only girl here! It is so nice to meet you!” I think it is safe to say that Chloe has had an immense effect on how I view people, I had almost forgotten that there are actually some nice genuine people out there.

“You can’t deny that I’m irresistible,” Nolan is saying all too modestly.

Everyone groans, while Ace replies, smirking, “Is that why you haven’t had a girlfriend in over a year?”

“Hey! Just because you got a girl, Moreno, don’t rub it in my face! Maybe Eternity can set me up with someone, seeing that beautiful people herd together and all,” Ace glares at him.

Meanwhile Scott groans, “Dude, you did not just use that pick up line,”

 “And THAT is why you don’t have a girlfriend,” Haley says, smirking.

Nolan pouts, “You guys are being mean. Dude, you haven’t even liked a girl in a really long time,” He says to Ace. I smile slightly, unabashedly admitting to myself that, yes, the fact that Ace hasn’t been kissing many girls before he met me makes me really giddy. Okay, more than just giddy. I am practically soaring right now.

***

Ace dropped me off a couple of hours ago and said he’d pick me up at 7 to meet his friends at the movies, saying that we have plans! I really miss the sound of that; I haven’t gone out with actual nice people since the accident. And they really seem like nice people, and they love me. I sigh as I look for an outfit. Giving up, I plop on my bed and take my phone to call Ivy when I find a text from Ace.

How are you doing home alone? ;)

I laugh and decide to ignore his little attempt of seducing me. I dial Ivy’s number and wait for her to pick up. Four rings pass and she doesn’t pick up, so I decide I should give her some space. Maybe she’s with Oliver. I smile as I play with the end of my bed sheets then it hits me. Mom has bought me a summer dress last year, and according to my state then, I never wore it. Now would be the perfect opportunity for me to wear it. I walk to my closet and hold it in my hand, quickly assessing it. It’s a white chiffon dress with orange polka dots and an orange silk belt to accentuate my waist. Mom has always wanted me to wear things that show off my curves. I would have never worn this, but now the situation is different. I got Ace. I smile at the dress then walk to the mirror and put it on. I can’t say I didn’t miss wearing dresses. I used to be a dresses girl before Alex died. I admit his death has taken away parts that only Ace could bring back. I look at my reflection and nod as I see that the dress fits perfectly, hugging every curve flawlessly. I pick a pair of white heels and a white bag, and I’m about to wear them when Ace calls. I pick up immediately.

“Waiting for my call?” His husky voice is making me melt.

I roll my eyes and say, “Yeah, you wish.”

“Oh really? We’ll see later on.”

I blush, “What do you mean?”

A pause. Then he says, “You’ll see.”

“Well, wait till I see you and I’ll wipe that arrogant smirk of yours off.” I giggle at the end.

“Which will be in 2 minutes.”

“What? Why?”

“I’m waiting in front of your house.”

“But it’s only 6:15”

“Can’t blame me for wanting to spend some time with my girlfriend alone.”

My breath hitches at the word ‘girlfriend’. It’s not that I’ve never heard it; it’s just that it sounds too sweet coming out from him.

“Okay, I’ll be ready in a minute.” I say and hang up.

I run to the mirror and put a light lip gloss on, accompanied with a little blush. Then, I put my things in the bag and head out.

When I step outside, I can feel Ace’s gaze on me even though he’s still sitting in his car. He smiles at me and I make my way to his car. He hops out of the car and open the passenger door for me. I smile at him and sit in the car. He opens his door and sits, turning around fully to face me. “Why are you early?” I cock an eyebrow at him. “Well,” He takes my hand in his and goes on, “I wanted to do this.” He inches closer and crushes his lips onto mine. I’m too shocked to react at first but then I realize what’s going on. I entangle my fingers in his black locks and pull him closer, not happy with the distance between us. He seems to have thought the same too because he pulls me till I’m sitting on his lap. I shriek at the sudden move. He smiles seductively at me, and it’s all I can take to put my lips on his again. This time the kiss is more demanding than ever. His lips mold against mine and his tongue explores every inch of my mouth as if it’s the first time. His tongue traces my neck and I moan loudly. He smiles against my neck and continue tracing kisses along it. His hands tighten around my waist and I collapse on top of him, allowing him full access to my neck. “Ace,” I sigh in satisfaction. “Stop.” “You don’t mean it.” He says between kisses then moves to my lips once again. He bites my lower lip and I let out a moan. His phone rings, stopping us both. “Shit!” He swears and moves to get his phone from his back pocket. I straighten my clothes and hop onto my seat.

“Yes?”

He runs a hand through his hair and starts talking when he gains control over himself. “Yeah, we’re on our way. No, you won’t be waiting for long.”  He hangs up and glances at me. “Nolan?” I ask, trying to catch my breath. “Yes… And he says he’s sitting with a pretty girl, trying to soothe her.” He shakes his head.

“A pretty girl, huh? He doesn’t like to waste time.” We both laugh and he intertwines his fingers with mine as he starts driving away.

******************************** 

Any thoughts who the pretty girl is? ;) Well, you'll see *evil grin*. Don't forget to vote and comment! :D -M&N