Chapter 7

Hey everyone! Here is Chapter 7! Hope you like, and if you do, don't forget to vote and comment! ;) And tell us what you think of Ace! xD -M&N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't make it to the bathroom, so I open the janitor's closet and settle down. Might as well be comfortable when I'm bleeding. I snuggle to myself and wait for the pictures to unfold before me.

A woman with a baby stroller stands beside a slide "Mommy! Catch me!" a little girl giggles. The woman turns around, looking for someone.

I know this place...She's in the ancient playground in Central Park. Oh my god. Is it going be the lady or the baby girl? I feel a tear trickling down my right cheek.

"I love you, mommy!" Her tiny shoe falls under the slide.

"Love you too, baby" the woman smiles and kneels down, trying to get the shoe.

No! No! She's a little girl! She needs her mother! No, please, no!

Four nails start loosening and the slide starts to shake.

Get out of there please. I'm aware I'm sobbing now. The slide crumbles, falling on the woman's head and trapping her under its weight while the baby girl starts crying for her mom to get up.

I'm breathing fast. My body is trembling, and my lips are quivering. My palm is bleeding. Not as hard as it does every time though. I struggle to get myself together and walk to class, but I just can't budge. I rest my head against the wall and close my eyes when I hear the closet's door opening. Ace is looking down at me, shaking his head before he kneels down beside me and puts his hand on my wound.

"God, go away please, I can't deal with you right now, Ace." He tilts my chin up with his finger and makes me look at him, his intense blue eyes pouring into mine.

"You need to take care of this before it gets infected." He mutters and I stare at him, confused. What the hell is he doing here? "Come on." He stands up and stretches his arm out for me. I shake my head no. "Well you can't stay curled up here forever. There are cockroaches in this closet you know."

That has me jumping out my hiding place with a yelp, tripping on a broom, and ending up in his arms somehow. His arms move instantly to support me before I fall forward and take him down with me, and the next thing I know, we're standing in the janitor's closet, the classic make out place, with our arms around each other.

Life just doesn't want to give me a break, does it?

"Okay." I whisper, "You can let go now. I won't fall again." My face pressed against his jacket, I can't help but inhale his leather minty scent.

"Oh, but this is kind of nice, don't you think?" He replies, smiling one of those brilliant smiles that are bordering between gorgeous and insane, but he let goes anyway. He grabs my arms instead. "Come on, Princess."

I root my feet in their place. "Where?"

"Oh will you please just come with me for once without arguing? I'm not kidnapping you for god's sake." I roll my eyes and he starts walking with me-more like pulling me-towards his locker.

He opens his locker and starts looking for something. Curious, I try to peek over his shoulder and watch as he pulls out a little First Aid Kit. He takes my hand, which is practically a mess of dried up blood, and new blood. He starts cleaning it up, his fingers feather-light as they move across my hand.

"She shouldn't have said that, you know." He whispers, eyes still on my hands as he finishes cleaning the dry blood, making my hand seem human again and not like some mutated limp. "It was out of line."