Chapter 4

Here is Chapter 4! Hope you like, and give us your full reviews! xD - M&N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I whisper assuring words to myself as I make my way to the gas station in Wall Street.

I'm putting an end to this madness.

I glance down at the makeshift bandage I made for my leg nervously, wondering how is it that I keep ending up injured whenever I lose consciousness, and whether or not that is supposed to mean anything.

Nope. Don't go there.

The familiar blue and red sign reading "Mobil" comes in view and I cringe, thinking how crazy all this is. I can't believe I'm letting yet another stupid dream get to me! But I need this; I need a physical proof that I'm not losing my mind, and if following some location from the daydream is the only way to do that, then so be it.

A faint scream leaves my throat as I come upon the scene.

Signature red and white firefighting cars surround the gas station, along with ambulance cars. The paramedics are pulling out stretchers that are carrying forms I would rather not look at, while the firefighters are trying to kill the fire and save as many people as possible. No! They are all gonna die! You won't be able to save any of them!

A hand is tapping on my shoulder. "Do you mind moving? Or are you just going to keep standing there gaping like an idiot?"

"Excuse me?" I can barely register his words, and I only have enough time to move to the right before turning to look over my shoulder to find out who that was only to find no one.

He brushes past me, rolling his eyes.

I watch him as he walks up to one of the fire fighters and starts talking in quick sentences. "Hey!" I march right up to him and cross my arms over my chest. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

He turns around and whatever fantasy I had of putting him in his place with a couple of choice words dies down as I take in his intense blue gaze, his unruly thick black hair that makes you just want to run your fingers through it all day. His pink, cupid-shaped lips were full, and that was just his face. He was wearing a black leather jacket, which was open showing a white V-neck shirt that clung to his shoulders and lean body.

Snap out of it, Eternity Hayes! You're supposed to be mad!

He shoots me a disdainful look and says, "What? Is this your gas station? Is it forbidden for citizens to ask about catastrophes that happen around their own city? Or should I just act like an idiot and stand there gaping till a fly gets into my mouth?"

The firefighters came around us and pulled us away, claiming we'd be safe if we stay far enough. Little do they know, I'm never safe. Neither in my sleep nor in my waking state. Before I notice it, my eyes start tearing up when I remember yesterday's incidents.

"Ha Ha! The little princess can't take a few harsh words?"

"Screw you!" I say and turn around to leave, knowing his eyebrows are on the verge of sticking to his hair.

Stupid hot jerk!

-------------------------------------------------

Tell us what you think of him in the comments! and don't forget to vote! :D