Chapter 5

Hey everyone! New chapter is up! This chapter is longer than the others, so hope you enjoy it! And, don't forget to vote and comment, those keep us motivated! XD At the top is a picture of Ace, for those of you who have read 'Hush, Hush': He posed as Patch Cipriano *.* Anyway, tell us what you think! ;) -M&N

*************************************

I walk into school earlier than usual. I figured out that if I start leaving home early, I'd be able to escape the horrible feeling I get when I wake up. Too bad I can't escape the visions, if that's what I can call them. I pass a long row of lockers, those belonging to the school royalty. My school has that sort of stupid hierarchy, the royalty, the commoners, and the losers. Where are we! The French Revolution?! I'm so close to making the turn that would take me to my locker (where the commoners' are) when my eyes meet Chloe's.

"Ugh! Why does the universe enjoy torturing me?" I think to myself. Keep moving; keep moving and maybe she won't notice you.

"Hey, Chloe, isn't that Eternity? The long- lost royal?" one of her minions asks sarcastically. My eyes meet her dark brown eyes, and I spot the pure disgust in them. Her gaze snaps me out of my haze. I need to keep moving. I pick up my pace and take that turn till I see the familiar face I was looking forward to seeing.

"Holy crap! What's wrong with you? You look like someone just slapped you," Ivy was being her usual observant self.

"Yeah, well, it's Chloe," I mumble as I pick up my Biology book and shut my locker.

Ivy's eyes grows wide with surprise before a dangerous gaze takes on, "That bitch! She slapped you?!" She starts to move when I grab her arms.

"Wow, Ivy, you need to differentiate between facts and metaphors. I just ran into her, and the way she looked at me just showed me how freaked out she is that she once knew me."

"Well, we're better off without her. We have each other, that's for sure." She puts her arms around me, not caring if others see her befriending the girl who lost everything that she's been kicked out of the royal family, and we start heading for our first period.

I wave goodbye to Ivy as she heads to U.S History, shake my head before I push the door open and walk into Mr. Honeycutt's Biology class. The teacher hasn't arrived yet, so I take my place at the very end of the class where my usual empty table lies.

No one dares sits beside me since Chloe declared me a crime of nature.

Everyone whispering around me, I wonder if my little fiasco at Mrs. Walsh's class yesterday is still trending. I take a look around. No way that's what they're freaking about.

"Hey." I whisper to the girl sitting in front of me, and she turns to me with a bewildered look that is even more emphasized by her lip ring.

Great. Even the girl with the piercings covering half her face thinks I am a crime of nature. "Do you know what's up?"

She clucks her tongue, revealing it to be pierced as well. "Haven't you heard? There's a new student." Seemingly intrigued, the guy sitting next to her turns around and helpfully adds, "I hear he's got a record."

The girl shakes her head and says, "Whatever. He is like, really hot."

I scoff. "Great. Someone else for Chloe and her posse to throw themselves on."

The guy wiggles his eyebrows. "Oh, she's got her eyes on him, alright."

I shake my head, causing my hair to tumble down and cover my face like a curtain, start to get back to reading my book and immediately get captured yet again by the writer's intriguing style.