Chapter 9

Here is chapter 9! We hope you guys enjoy it, and vote! (Ace demands you to vote xD) We just wanna say we love each and everyone of you :* Thank you all for your votes and comments; it really means the world to us :')  -M&N

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is 7 pm on Friday night when I'm trying to get those cursed Trigonometry equations in my head. Damn you to hell, Calculus! Do the people who invented that stuff even realize that half of it mostly doesn't even make sense?
Frustrated, I crumple the paper and chuck it at the wall. "I can't believe I used to complain about plane geometry." I mumble, looking over at my math notebook with disgust.
A knock on the door startles me, and I get up to open it only to reveal it's Ace, who is smiling that earthquake-causing smile of his at me. Oh, and looking extremely gorgeous in dark jeans and a dark blue button up shirt that only serves to emphasize the blue of his eyes. I groan. "What do you want, Ace? I'm studying right now."
He chuckles incredulously, "On a weekend? Are you serious?"
"What! Those equations are hard!" I say and raise my eye brows at him when I notice his smile is still plastered on that stupid face of his. "Can I help you or something?"
"What? A friend can't visit another friend now?" Ace says, pouting.
"We're not friends, dummy. Now leave." I start to push him, but he doesn't budge. Instead he turns to me with a smirk. "You can't get out of this one, Infinity. You're my date, remember?"
"I am?" Oh shit. He told Chloe I was his date. "Look, Chloe has the attention span of a flea; she probably forgot about it. So, you know, you should go to the party and have fun, while I return to cursing my way through my Trig homework and hope I don't burn off all my brain cells."
"Sounds promising." Ace says sarcastically. "And I highly doubt she has forgotten what happened."
"All the more reason I should stay home." I say shaking my head. "Look, parties haven't really been my scene in a while-"
"No, Eternity, it's the more reason you should go. You deserve to have fun, you know, and don't even try to convince me you're having fun right here."
"Maybe I am." I state defiantly, sticking out my chin. "Look, you straight up rejecting Chloe was awesome, and we both know you've never really intended to have me as your date, and if it wasn't for Chloe hitting on you, you wouldn't have. And I don't mind, so here, I release you. Ace, you're free to go and hook up with whoever you want-"
He stops my ramble by touching a finger to my lips. "Go upstairs and get dressed before I throw you over my shoulder and take you to the party in your cute little Smurfs 'jammies."

**************************************************
"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." I mutter as we go inside the house. I'm wearing dark wash blue jeans and a white butterfly top, which Ace picked out. That guy is getting way too comfortable with my house...
The music is booming and laughter is all around us. People everywhere are dancing to the loud music, grinding against each other as the alcohol loosens everyone up.
"You really need to start letting go, Eternity." Ace whispers in my ear, making me shiver all over. He hands me a cup and I look up, alarmed. "Don't worry, it is just Cola." He says before I can object, "I wouldn't try to get you drunk, Princess." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I smack his shoulder, causing him to laugh.
"How very gentlemanly of you," I say dryly, taking a sip of my coke.
"It's probably spiked though."
I almost choke on it.
I glare at him. "What? It is a house party, what'd you expect?"
I roll my eyes and give him back the cup, not feeling so thirsty anymore. He chuckles taking it from me, and I take a look around for the first time. And, realize that some girls are whispering and looking at me. I bet big money that they have already decided that Ace and I are together; they probably even went as far as to pinpoint the date of our wedding day and the names of our future children. I reconsider asking Ace to give me that cup back, when he pulls me toward him and only now do I realize we're standing on the edge of the dance floor.
"I'm shocked," He says, his arms going around my waist. "I would have expected you to run out of the house by now."
"I used to like parties!" I say defensively, placing my arms around his neck. "But then things between Chloe and I got just a little awkward..."
Understatement of the year.
"Wait what? So, you two haven't always been high school enemies?"
"Quite the contrary," I shake my head and raise my voice a little bit for him to be able to hear me over the pounding music. "Chloe and I used to be best friends. We used to be an inseparable trio, she, Ivory, and I." I smile at the memories.
True, Chloe is a first class bitch, but even she couldn't deny that we had fun together. I glance up at Ace, who is gaping, and chuckle. "She wasn't always like that. She used to be really laid back and fun, even used to like hoodies and sweat pants."
"I find it hard to believe that." Ace says, his fingers playing with the ends of my hair, twirling every curl around them. How the hell did he know that I like having that done to my hair? Only now do I realize that we never started dancing; we were swaying together, arms around each other, and lost in our own sweet bubble. "Scared away yet?"
He smirks, arms moving to my lower back, "Never."