Chapter 31

Hey guys! Ready for some drama? :P Tell us how you feel after you finish this rollercoaster of a chapter! XP -M&N

********************************************************

This is probably the longest I’ve slept in the past four days, but my sleep never took my thoughts away from Ace. He is in every single nightmare. Somewhere between sleeping and waking, while I was gripping the sheets with my fists, I hear my window sliding open. Cracking an eye open, I catch a glimpse of blue eyes and a messy mob of black hair—messier than usual. Hearing his heavy breathing, I feel my heart breaking all over again. Immediately, I still, willing my eyes to shut tightly. If he sees me sleeping he will go away. Please go away. He doesn’t. I feel his hand on my cheek before I feel him leaning in close to me, and I hate myself for wanting to lean into his touch. I want to be repulsed by him. I hate how addicting he is, how much he affects me. It takes every ounce of control not to tremble or burst into tears, and instead I try to even my breathing. Not much luck since my heart is seconds away from bursting out of my chest.

 “God, Eternity,” His voice breaks, and he sounds so tired, so...drained. “I’m so sorry.” I hear a sniffling sound and I start panicking, thinking it came from me, but when I hear it again, I realize it is him. Oh my god. “I’m a screwed up son of a bitch who doesn’t even deserve you, but I need you in my life, Eternity. You’re the only thing that is perfect in it right now.” My heart breaks at how broken he sounds and I hate myself for that. I’m furious, so furious at him for having the nerve to sound so…forlorn, after everything he did. Does he really think he is the victim here? I feel his hot breath on my face, and then his lips are inches from my forehead. I can’t take this anymore; I reach out and push him away, my eyes flying open. If I thought his voice is broken, it doesn’t even begin to compare how HE looks.

His hair is disheveled and sticking out in all directions as if he ran his hand through it many times. His eyes are tired and bloodshot; he looks like he hasn’t gotten an hour of quiet sleep. Just the sight of him makes me want to burst into tears. “Go…” I whisper, my hand covering my mouth, “Please, just go. I can’t talk to you right now.”

He starts moving close again, “Eternity, please, just hear me out. It wasn’t like you think it is; I swear I can explain—“

“Explain what?” I snap, my anger breaking through my misery. “How you lied?”

 Ace winces. “It wasn’t like that and you know it.” I shut my eyes tightly, hoping he will disappear when I open them. Nope, still here.

“So what? You didn’t lie? Go to hell, Ace.” I spit out the last part, and he flinches at my words. “Did you know?”

“Did I know what?” He whispers.

 “When you saw me, did you know who I was? Did you know that my ex boyfriend was the guy you murdered?” I ignore the anguished expression on his face.

“Eternity, what happened a year ago. It wasn’t—I was desperate, and if you hear out my reasons—“

“Answer the question Ace!”

“No! I had no idea who you were, Eternity. And after you told me about Alex, I didn’t know how to tell you without having you hate me forever.” He looks up at me, “Have I lost you forever?”

I clear my throat, “I think you should leave,” His eyes narrow, and for the first time since he came in, his eyes regain the fire in them, and he looks like himself again. “You can’t just deny everything we had, Eternity. You know exactly how I feel about you, and you know I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose.”