Chapter 19

Hey guys! So sorry these updates are taking so long! School started and it's been HECTIC! Seriously, what do these teachers spend their summers doing? Did you guys start school too? 

Enjoy more of Ace's hotness ;) and leave a comment and a vote for us! :D 

-M&N

----------------------------------------

“Ace,” I whine, and he obviously mistakes it for a moan because he doesn’t stop trailing kisses down my torso. “We’re so gonna get expelled for this,”

He smirks against my neck, “What’d I tell you about living in the moment?”

“Expulsion is not a moment I’m looking forward—“  His hands start moving under my shirt and I lose all trace of coherent thoughts as those lips of his start doing wonders to my body.

Ever since we kissed that day at his house, we’ve not been able to keep our hands off each other, and it makes me wonder how we resisted it all this time. We could have been doing this a long time ago if I hadn’t been too busy living in the past.

Currently, we were making out in the janitor’s closet, the same place I ran to after my confrontation with Chloe, where Ace found me. I pull away for a moment, raising my eyebrows. “I thought you said this place was crawling with cockroaches?”

He smirks, “I lied.”

My jaw falls open, and he kisses me again before I can respond to that. My hands stroke the bare skin of his back under his shirt and he shivers, yet again surprising me that I can elicit that reaction from him. His arms go around me and he lifts me up so that I can wrap my legs around his waist, never once breaking our kiss. I take hold of his shirt and crumple it in my fist, and I’m about to take it off when there’s a knock on the door. Shit!

“Now there are so many reason why I may have come to this conclusion, but I have the feeling it is you,” I hear Ivy’s voice and let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. Well, at least it is not Mr. Honeycutt. That man lived to catch teenagers in compromising positions, I swear.

Ace chuckles, his face buried in my neck, and I shake my head, rolling my eyes. “Not cool, Ivy.”

“Hurry up, E, we have Trig in 3 minutes!” Ivy calls out. She is enjoying this way too much, isn’t she?

Ace and I pull away, and I fix my clothes before stepping out to a very amused-looking Ivy. “Good morning, Ivy.” Ace smiles at her, and she and I roll our eyes. He gives me one last kiss before I leave with Ivy, “Meet me in the parking lot after school!” He calls out after me and I nod.

Once he is gone, Ivy turns to me, “Dude, you could’ve at least told me you weren’t spending the night at your house! Your mom kept calling me all night and I—thank your lucky stars that I’m perceptive—had to tell her that you were staying at mine and had went to bed early.”

I groan, “She wanted me home yesterday, sorry Ives, I was just not in the mood to play mother and daughter.” I complain, rolling my eyes, before realizing I walked into a trap the moment Ivy grins.

“So you played ‘house’ with Ace instead?” She asks, wiggling her eyebrows and I smack her shoulder, “Shut up!”

Her giggles fill the hallway, while I glare at her, un-amused. She coughs to hide her laughter, “Okay, I won’t laugh, but seriously! You have to give me the details! Just a day ago you two hadn’t even kissed yet, and now you’re a minute away from ripping each other’s clothes off!” She shakes her head and hums, “Wait, the last one isn’t exactly new…” She starts giggling again, and somehow I can’t help but join her because this is probably the first real conversation we’ve had in a while, and for the first time in a long time…I feel alive.

***

After an uneventful school day, Ace and I meet in the parking lot, and we drive to the neighborhood that Ace recognized from the dream.

“I feel like a mystery solver,” I giggle, looking over at the map and the phone book Ace brought.

“Well, let’s hope you’re a good one, Infinity, because I’m kind of lost here. How the hell do we find a certain Mr. Tucker in here? It’s not like we can go tap on everyone’s shoulder and ask for their name.”

 “Well, that’s the beauty of suburbia,” I grin. “We know the neighborhood, since you got that address from the vision. And since everyone there knows everyone, we will just ask around,”

Ace doesn’t really enjoy that part very much, as I drag him from pavement to pavement and ask around for Mr. Tucker. He doesn’t stop complaining the entire time.

“Stop being a baby,”

“Oh, but I’m your baby,” He pouts.

I roll my eyes, and say, “I’m withholding the kissing,” in a warning tone. That shuts him up.

Finally, a nice-looking old lady claims she knows who Mr. Tucker is, “Oh! But, yes, of course I know him! Oh, I can think of a few words that rhyme with that bastard’s name!” The woman goes into a cursing fit and Ace quietly drags me away.

He whistles, “Suburbia.”

“Yeah,” I breathe out.

Finally, a little girl points us in the direction of the Tuckers’ household, and we barely have the time to reach the house from our vision before I cover my mouth to hold a scream.

Because the minute we get there, it all erupts into flames.