Chapter 2

A/N: Here is the second chapter; thank you for sticking around! XD If you like it, vote and maybe give us a little comment if you have the time to! It would mean the world to us! XD Oh, and there's a picture of Eternity attached to this chapter; don't forget to check it out, and tell us your suggestions of who you think Eternity should be! XD       -M&N

***********************

I realize coffee was a bad idea the second the bitter liquid settles in my already upset stomach, but I keep on drinking anyway as I make my way home, knowing all the stores I pass by heart. Right here on my left is Mrs. Brown's laundry. Across the street, to my right is the gas station. And right in front of me is the supermarket I bought a water bottle from this morning. 

Now what is wrong with this picture?

I hear the sirens before I see the police cars and ambulance stationed in front of the gate, and I remember how the gate had 'push' and  'pull'  signs stuck on the wrong sides, which earned a couple of choice words from me this morning. 

The first thing I see is the little boy bundled up in blankets, tears streaming down his face, and I freeze in place.

No no no please not again!

My coffee is now long forgotten as I try to wrench my feet away from this scene before I have to see anymore than I already have, but the words reach my ears anyway.

"Assaulted by an armed man."

"Hid his face with a mask."

"I heard the gunfire from my office!"

 "Poor kid. Probably will end up in the system now."

I want to take this scene and crumple it in my hands just so I can pretend that it is not real. I want to pretend I have fallen asleep in class, and this is all a part of a really weird dream. But, the coffee sloshing out of the foam cup and burning my hand is a reminder of my consciousness.

And despite my 'circumstances', I'm still very much aware of the fact that to sleep, your eyes need to be closed, and mine never did.

It has started out as nightmares. I would wake up every night drenched in sweat, heart racing with my nails digging into my palms. And it is always of people dying.

Now it seems like it has evolved into waking... visions? daydreams?

That is it! My mind has just wondered away and thought up some unlikely scenario due to my very justified boredom. Just because a man happened to be shot by a masked thief right after it happened doesn't mean I predicted it.

Because that would be ridiculous.

Things like that are practically every day events in New York.

 It was too blurry to see what the boy really looked like anyway.

****************

Hope you enjoyed it! Vote and comment! :)