chapter 14: Benji is bad news

Chapter fourteen: Benji is bad news

"Taylor!"

Someone was yelling my name.

"Tayloooooor! Hurry up"

There it goes again. Who was yelling out my name? Where am i?

Before I could answer these questions someone got hold of my shoulders and shaked me awake. Oh I was in my room, in my bed. I had been sleeping. I must have had a bad dream.

"Taylor dinner is ready Mum made your favourite" Reece huffed in my face before leaving me and my thoughts alone in my room. I just had the worst dream ever. Benji was here and he was talking about little Jazzy.

He was gonna turn up soon and I knew it.

The next day(Monday)

"Lachlan can you drive Taylor and Reece to school, I'm starting my new job today" Mum yelled as she rushed out the door slamming it behind her.

I walked into the kitchen feeling like a mess, probably looking like a mess as well. I had got no sleep last night. I was up the whole night worrying about Benji. I practically fell down into a chair at the table across from Lachlan who was eating some Weetabix while texting.

He looked up at me, giving me a sympathetic look. "You don't look well today" he snickered.

"Thanks for pointing that out dufus" I croaked my eyes gazing at the ground.

"Well I'll get you some breakfast, did you not get any sleep last night?"

"No I didn't"

He shuffled around in the kitchen for a bit and came back with some muesli and yoghurt and a bowl with a big glass of orange juice. I muttered a thanks and dug in. The whole time I was eating he was staring at me as if he wanted to tell me something but no words came out of his mouth. When I finished I gulped back my juice and placed my bowl and cup in the sink.

"I'm going to take a shower to try wake up some more" I said to Lachlan who seemed to still be on his phone texting at the table.

"Taylor wait" he stopped me before I was halfway up the stairs.

"You're not feeling well are you?"

"Wow 50points for you Mr. Obvious" I replied a little annoyed with his statement.

"Have a long shower, stay home today. Don't go to school if you're not up to it"

"What about what mum thinks, won't she get ang-"

"Lachlan are you driving me to the bus stop now or what" Reece said impatiently from the door interrupting me.