chapter 23: I love her

Happy reading...

Chapter 23: I love her

Beau's POV

I carried her in my arms straight to the school nurse.

"She just fainted. I don't know why" I say frantically as I lay her down on the bed in the nurse's room.

"Beau. Hi, just stay calm ok." Nurse Rhonda says soothingly. As she's getting out a thermometer she asks "Please explain what happened?"

"I just got to school and -ah she looked like she couldn't focus. Then she fainted" I rush out as she attends to Taylor.

"I'm sure nothing's wrong hon, don't worry."

"She is pregnant" I blurt out.

Nurse Rhonda turns to face me, her mouth drops. "Er.... Um" shock is evident on her face. Taylor groans a little and Nurse Rhonda snaps back to reality. "Beau ring Taylor's family and then 000, she'll need to go to the hospital."

I stand there staring at Taylor as Nurse Rhonda assists her. I'm frozen. My baby is inside her right now and if anything happens I'll...

"BEAU!" Nurse Rhonda yells. "Make the calls now" My thoughts forgotten, adrenalin kicks in. I send a text to both Lachlan and Michelle. I then turn my back to Taylor and dial 000. This is my first time ever having to call them.... I was scared; I did not want to lose Taylor or my baby.

I pleaded to go with Taylor in the ambulance to the hospital but they didn't allow 2 people and Lachlan was more important than me because he was family. I was now sitting in my car with my head in my hands. I should be driving to the hospital, but I feel much too tired to do anything. I haven't slept in days. I'm worried, I'm scared, I'm confused and I don't know what to do.

1 week later (still Beau's POV)

"You don't have to stay with me today Beau, seriously" Taylor whined into my chest.

"I know I don't have to. I want to, I also need to. Today is our last normal day together before Lachlan knows. You are still telling him tonight right?" I ask tiredly.

"Yes. I'm telling him."

"And the he will potentially hurt me for getting y-y-ou you" I stutter.

"It's ok. Say it" she whispers.

"Pregnant" I whisper back. She hugs me tighter and we lay together on her bed in silence for a few minutes.

"Beau?" Taylor asks breaking the silence.

"Yes?" I mumble back, my eyes closed.

"Do you really not remember anything from that night?"

I know exactly what she's talking about. "All I remember is the closet with you" I feel myself heating up embarrassed from the memory. Why didn't I stop her? I knew exactly why. I was attracted to her. She was basically forcing herself on me from what I remember. Maybe she was doing that because she was drunk. I was drunk too.

Benji. Benji appeared that night. That's why Taylor pushed herself onto me. I frown realising this.

"The next thing I remember after the closet was waking up in your bed" I say removing my arms from around her and sitting up. She sat up also studying my face before asking "What's wrong Beau?"

Did Taylor only get with me because she wanted to get back at that creep Benji or something? That's what's wrong. Instead of asking her that I ask, "What do you remember of that night?"

"Well I remember very few things actually. I remember James, he was about to throw me into the pool. Then I rang Christina. Then we were playing spin the bottle" she looks down and fidgets with his hands.

"Is that all you remember?" I ask.

"Um well I remember the bottle landed on me but you were next to me. And we kissed." She blushed and looked back up at me. "I don't remember much after that. Seriously Beau I'm trying to remember but I can't."

"We had sex. And I can't remember. I can't believe I don't remember that." I whisper to myself in disbelief.

"I can't believe it either" Taylor whispers lying back down.

"Benji arrived that night at the party. Do you remember that?" I ask her curiously.

"Yes. I remember that."

"Why didn't you say that before then?"

"I didn't think it was relevant."

"Taylor, I'm sorry" I say lying next to her.

I lift her t-shirt up and place my hand on her stomach.

That's when I realise. Even considering our circumstances I love this girl. And some way, some how we're going to get through this. I smile and let her snuggle up to me as we drift off into a peaceful sleep.

"AHHHHHHH." My eyes snap open. Taylor is lying next to me sleeping but tears are streaming down her cheeks. I instantly put my arms around her and hug her tightly. "Go away, get off me!" she cries. She's having a nightmare. She shakes uncontrollable. The next thing that comes out of her mouth shocks me. "Benji stop!"

I shake her. "Wake up Taylor!" I plead.

"Beau?" her small confused voice asks.

"Yes Taylor I'm here" I hug her. "You were having a nightmare."

"Oh Beau" she cries into my chest. "What are we going to do?"

I stroke her hair and hold her tightly because the truth is I don't know what we're going to do.

"Beau I have to tell you something." She talks into my chest.

"Hmmmmm" I hum waiting for her to reply.

"You have to promise not to tell anyone and not to hate me once I've told you."

"Taylor I promise. And I could never hate you!"

"I've hidden this from everyone. My Mum knows, Christina knows, Lachlan and Reece know. But you should know. Beau Benji he- he" She stops struggling with her words. She cries into my chest. "I can't even bring myself to say it."

"Taylor I'm her for you. I'm not leaving." I try to assure her holding her tightly.

I hate Benji and I'm scared of what she is going to say. But I understand she's struggling.

"This is not the first time I've been pregnant" she whispers in the smallest voice ever. But I hear her.

And it clicks.

I feel like running. But I can't leave her. Not now. I won't ask her questions because I know it pains her. Should I act like I heard or pretend I didn't?

"I have acute stress disorder" she announces louder this time. "That's why I faint often. When things get stressful." Her voice quivers. "Please don't leave me" she says quietly.

I hug her tightly processing the information she has just told me.

"The doctor said you have to rest for 5 weeks. It's been one week since you last fainted. We are going to make it through these next 4 weeks with you completely resting. I'll be your personal assistant. I'm here for you." I blurt out all too quickly. I don't know how to react.

"Beau my stress disorder could affect the baby. I had a miscarriage last time" she said bravely said her voice steadier. She was being strong.

"Not if you have no stress right?" I ask. I know it's selfish of me but I don't acknowledge the 2nd half of her sentence, I just hug her tighter.

She laughs, which completely surprises me.

"I never don't have stress in my life Beau, that theory wouldn't work."

"I'm going to take all the stress away from you babe. Don't cry please."

"How and why would you do that?" she asks.

"How- well that's a secret. And why? Because I love you. And I love our baby."

She leans back.

"You love me? Did I just hear you right?"

I smirk at her.

"Yes, Taylor I love you."

"Oh Beau, I love you too" the biggest smile crosses her face. It amazes me how beautiful her smile is. She's happy and I caused this happiness because I love her.

I lean forward and kiss her. A soft small kiss.

"Want me to run you a nice warm bath?"

"Oh Beau that would be so nice and relaxing. Yes please" she smiles.

Its then that everything seems to fall into its place.

Taylor has had a lot to struggle with throughout her life, and someone she came into my life. I haven't known her for long, and under the weirdest unusual circumstances we've been put together. I don't know why or how. I don't know if I even deserve Taylor, I don't know if I'm good enough for her.

But I love her. I know I do. And I'm going to do whatever I can to be the best for her. After everything, she deserves to be happy.

A/N: I will update soon. I promise :)

xoxo gossip goat