Chapter 13: Lachlan's secret

Chapter thirteen: Lachlan's secret

Taylors POV

I had calmed down now. Unwanted memories had been flooding back since Beau left. After trying so hard to forget it all just hit me in the face like a tonne of bricks. Now Benji found out where I lived and he would be back.... I know he would be back.

No matter how hard I tried to prepare myself I knew what he had coming for me would be unpleasant. Why else would he have tracked me down?

After eating some spaghetti on toast me and Christina lazed around reading magazines and listening to music. We barely muttered a word to each other as neither of us wanted to get into a conversation about Benji, that would cause an argument.

The past was behind us right?

Lachlan's POV

"Benji stay the f*ck away from my sister" I yelled at my phone attracting stares from those around me.

"Or what Lachlan? What could you do that could possible harm me aye?" He laughed.

I took a deep breath and had a small sip of my coffee.

"You touch her, I will kill you" I snarled meaning every word I said.

"Hey, hey calm down bro I'm quite goo-"

"I'm not your bro" I hissed.

"Yeah well as I was saying, I'm quite good mates with your Dad ya know. He was telling me about this beautiful girl, who happened to be Christina's sister. So tragic that she died." By now I was nearly in tears but he continued "What was her name? Michaela right? He told me all about what you did to her."

"You wouldn't" I managed to choke out. He knew?

"I would bro"

Before I could reply he hang up.

I stared at my phone for a while than chucked at the floor in anger. My Dad betrayed me yet again. I fell on the floor of Starbucks next to my phone trying to block out the memories.

*Flash back*

"Sometimes I wonder Dad, how you get all this stuff" I laughed talking a big gulp of my beer.

"Son never you worry, I've always got ya hook-ups. Anytime anywhere. I mean your my son right? he replied getting a beer out of the fridge for himself and joining me back at the table. "How long ya been going out with that gal Christina?"

"Bout 3 months now. I'm taking her to my ball" I exsplain excitedly.