55

The pen leaves ink painted on the paper as she writes

The pen leaves ink painted on the paper as she writes. Looking back and forth between the books and the notebook leaves a cramp in her neck and she winces, rubbing the back of her neck with her free hand as she continues to write. She desperately wishes she could take a break from studying but if she takes a break, Daryl would come to her mind and she can't deal with that at the moment.

Intravenous therapy is a therapy that delivers liquid substances directly into a vein. The intravenous route of administration can be used for injections or infusions.

It's not that she doesn't know what an IV is, Rick had told her to write down everything important from the book so she could get it locked into her mind.

How to stop a gunshot wound:

1. Stop the bleeding.

Put pressure on the wound to seize the bleeding. If the wound is bleeding really bad, use your knee and lean.

Use a tourniquet. Whether that be a professional tourniquet or a piece of shirt, seal the wound!

2. If the patient has stopped breathing, perform CPR.

Letting out a huff, she throws the pen down as she gets another cramp in her hand from all the writing. "Scarlett, maybe you should take a break." Denise suggest and Scarlett shakes her head quickly, glancing back at her. "No! I can't." She snaps, picking the pen back up, muttering an apology. Flipping to the next page, her eyes dart through the words, finding the most important parts of the page.

A bowl clangs on the table and she snaps her head up, watching as Denise slides a bowl towards her. "Eat." She says, nodding towards the bowl of oatmeal. Letting out a sigh of defeat, Scarlett drops the pen, grabbing warm bowl in her cold hands. "Now, tell me what you know." Denise tells her, sitting in the stool next to her.

"I know how to stitch someone up, treat colds, treat a gunshot wound, insert an IV-Uhm and that's it." She utters, frowning as she realizes she only knows a few things. She can't just let Denise do all the work, that's not fair. "Scarlett, that's literally all you need to know. It may not seem like much but it's a lot. Take a break." Denise informs her and Scarlett gives her a small smile. "Thank you." She replies, taking a bite out of the oatmeal.

Looking back down at the book and notebook, she closes them both, stacking them on top of each other. Quickly finishing up the oatmeal, she stands to her feet. "I'll see you later." She walks out of the infirmary and into the sunlight, causing her to squint her eyes.

As Carol rushes past her, Carol abruptly stops before turning back around, walking towards Scarlett. "Can you watch Judith for me?" She asks her and Scarlett nods, taking the baby from Carol's hands. "Thanks!" She calls, beginning to run off.

"Well, that was weird" She utters, looking down at Judith. "How's the babygirl doing?" She asks, tickling Judith, causing the baby to giggle happily. Walking towards a garden with a smile on her face, Scarlett switches Judith to her other hip, leaning down and picking a flower.

Something in the sky distracts her as she rose pricks her skin. "Glenn." She whispers, her eyes still set on the green balloons.

But all her hope crashes down, literally.