4

Scarlett looks out the window, the scenery passing by like blur

Scarlett looks out the window, the scenery passing by like blur. "Ya' got some clothes in yer' bag down there." Daryl mutters and Scarlett looks down at the bag. "Thank you." She mumbles before reaching down and unzipping the bag, seeing some books, realization dawning on her face.

"Shit, shit, shit." She whispers to her self rummaging through the bag, trying to find a particular book. "It's at the bottom." Daryl tells her, his eyes trained on the road. Scarlett feels down to the bottom of the bag and feels the familiar texture of the book.

She pulls the book out, sighing in relief. As she opens it, an item falls out. Scarlett takes it in her hands, a small smile on her face. "Where'd ya' get that from?" Daryl asks, glancing at her.

"My mom. She gave it to me before she died." Scarlett informs him, looking at him, turning the knife in her hand. "How'd you know?" Before he could answer, the RV stops.

Scarlett opens the truck door and hops out of the truck, walking over to the RV. "What happened?" Scarlett asks, her arms crossed over her chest. "Just a letter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of—Okay that was dumb." He says and Scarlett chuckles.

As everyone speaks about what they can do, Scarlett clutches her knife, walking to one of the cars. She wipes the dirt off of the window the best she can before opening the door, a rotting smell releasing into the air. She gags before sticking her head in, rummaging through the things.

She hisses as something slices her finger. "Fuck." She mutters, eyeing the cut closely. Nothing too bad. She shrugs before wiping her finger on her shirt.

She spots a flannel and she grabs it, holding it up in front of her. Wrapping it around her waist tightly, she walks away from the car.

Scarlett spots a huge herd of walkers heading there way. Scarlett clenches her jaw before running to the side of the car, facing the woods. She presses her back against the car, sliding down to a sitting position. The once silence air was filled with moans and groans from the walkers stumbling past. She holds her breath, closing her eyes, not wanting to be heard or spotted by the heard.

A scream fills the air and Scarlett's eyes dart towards the woods, seeing Sophia run into the woods, two walkers behind her. "God." She mumbles before getting up and running after her. "Scarlett!" She hears some people scream but she ignores them and continues to run after the young girl.

Unfortunately she falls down after stepping in a hole. Rick runs past her muttering an apology. She gets to her feet and limps her way after them.

After a few minutes of trying to track them down, she lets out a deep breath before sitting down, her back against a tree. She pulls her boot off and rolls up her pants leg, the ankle already swelling. "Great. Just great." She mutters to herself before pulling her pants leg back down and sliding on the boot.

Scarlett climbs to her feet, taking her knife into her hand, clutching it tightly. "Rick?" She whisper-yells, but hears nothing. As she turns around she comes face-to-face with a walker.

She falls back, dropping her knife. The walker walks her way, dropping on top of her. "No, no." She whispers, her forearm holding it back, while she reaches for the knife.

She grabs the blade, not caring if it cuts her. She swings it around in her hands before stabbing the walker in the head, blood splattering over her face and knife.

Where are they?