25

Her fingers wrap around the bucket of water, picking it up

Her fingers wrap around the bucket of water, picking it up. Carol walks up to Scarlett as she starts to walk off. "I don't want to talk about him or what happened the other day." Scarlett tells her before she can even ask. Her eyes are trained up ahead as she walks towards the cell block. "I understand you don't want to talk about it, but you need too." Scarlett turns around, glaring at Carol.

"I don't have to talk about nothing." She snaps before walking away from the woman. She's sick and tired of people telling her she should talk about it, it's her choice if she wants to talk about it or not. They should mind their own business. Walking up to Rick, she sets the bucket down in front of him, wiping her hands on her tank top. "What'd Carol want?" Rick asks, glancing at the girl.

"She wants me to talk about it and I can't. Y'all need to stop forcing me!" Scarlett exclaims, grabbing a couple of cups and filling them with water.

Daryl makes his way through the woods, Merle following close behind. "Ya' didn't mean what you said to that girl back there, did ya'?" Merle speaks up, smacking a limb out of his way. "It ain't none of yer' damn business." Daryl grumbles while looking around for any threats. Merle chuckles, hand on his hip. "Lil' brother finally grew some balls."

"We should hit him now." Glenn announces to Scarlett and Michonne. Scarlett tilts her head in confusion. "He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." Scarlett shakes her head, eyebrows furrowed. "We can't do that." Michonne nods, agreeing with Scarlett. "We're not assassins." She continues for Scarlett and Glenn frowns.

"Fine. I'll do it myself." Glenn says and Scarlett glares at him. "Maggie needs you right now. Are you seriously going to leave her when you could die?" Scarlett snaps, her eyes narrowed. Glenn sighs, looking down. "You were almost killed. Daryl was captured. That man could hurt Maggie and Scarlett even more than last time." Michonne growls.

Scarlett frowns deeply but agrees anyway. Scarlett walks away, leaving Michonne and Glenn to discuss this topic themselves.

Daryl looks towards Merle, lowering his crossbow. "The shit ya' doing, pointing that thing at me?" Merle exclaims, turning towards his younger brother. "They were scared, man." Daryl defends the family they just saved. "Ya' helping people out of the goodness of yer' heart? Even though ya' might die doin' it? Is that something Sheriff Rick taught you?" Merle questions, walking closer to Daryl.

"There was a baby!" Daryl argues, pointing his finger at Merle. "Oh, otherwise ya' would have just left them to the biters, then?" Merle says, sarcasm laced in his tone. "Man, I went back there for you. Ya' weren't there. I didn't cut off yer' hand, either. Ya' did that. Way before they locked ya' up on that roof. You asked for it. Yer' a simpleminded piece of shit!" Daryl snaps, a vein popping out of his neck. Daryl turns around, beginning to walk his way towards the prison.

"Where ya' going?" Merle asks, running up behind him. "Back where I belong." Daryl growls, throwing his crossbow over his shoulder. "I can't go with you. I tried to kill that black bitch. Damn near killed the Chinese kid. I let the governor have sex with that short bitch." Merle confesses and Daryl abruptly stops in his tracks, turning towards his brother. "What?" He grunts, eyes narrowing. Merle raises his eyebrows before shrugging. "Governor said she begged him. He also said she was amazing." Daryl lunges towards Merle pushing him against a tree. "Ya' know damn well she didn't want it." Daryl growls and Merle shakes his head. "That's not what ya' told her lil' brother." Daryl backs away from Merle, picking his crossbow up and making his way back towards the prison.

Scarlett sits inside the prison, glancing at the baby and Maggie while filling up the guns. As she goes to say something, gunshots ring through the air. "Shit. Maggie, hide the baby!" Scarlett calls outs, stuffing the clips in the guns before handing a gun to Maggie. "Come on." The pair run out of the cell block, to dead silence. "Beth here!" Maggie yells, handing the blonde girl a gun. Gunshots start firing again and Maggie and Scarlett hide behind some metal cabinets, firing at some of the men.

Scarlett looks through the scope, before pulling the trigger, shooting down a man from one of the guard towers. Bullets fly her way and she lets out a hiss as a bullet skims her arm. "You okay?" Maggie asks, turning towards Scarlett. "I got skimmed, I'm fine." She mumbles before looking back out from behind the cabinets and shooting towards another guy in the guard tower, unfortunately missing him. Silence once again dawns throughout the yard and Scarlett sits there, her and Maggie looking at each other.

A van barrels through the gates, causing the two girls to look away from each other and look towards the commotion. The duo silently watch as the back of the van slams open and walkers spill out of it. Bullets fly once again and Maggie peaks her head out from behind the cabinet, shooting down the last man from the guard tower. "Good aim." Scarlett mumbles before hopping to her feet, dropping the AK-47 and pulling her pistol out. The cars retreat and Scarlett runs towards the gate, unlocking it. She pulls it open before running out, firing at walkers.

Her adrenaline dies down and she takes a deep breath, stumbling into courtyard, sitting down on a barrel. A gray truck drives in and the gates close, Hershel, Glenn and Michonne hop out of the truck.

Hershel looks towards Scarlett, hobbling towards her. "Let me see your arm." Hershel demands and Scarlett sighs, holding her arm out. "I got skimmed." She explains, wiping her forehead with the back of her forearm. "Bullets must be attracted to you." Hershel chuckles and Scarlett smiles, shaking her head. Hershel sits down on a barrel beside her, tearing a piece of his flannel off. He ties it around her wound, securing it.

"Once we get back in that cell block, I'll clean it." Hershel says and Scarlett thanks him before standing to her feet, tucking her gun in her pants. She walks toward the small circle, her eyes narrowed at the walkers.

"He won't stop. Not after this. Definitely not anymore."