37

Scarlett trudges along through the eery forest, her shoulders slumped

Scarlett trudges along through the eery forest, her shoulders slumped. Last night, the Governor destroyed her home and she doesn't even know if any of her family is still alive. Maybe the Governor killed them all, maybe they are still alive and have forgotten about her already.

She misses Daryl, she misses them all. They've always been there through her ups and downs, whether they fought with her or cared for her, they were there through it all. They helped her through this cruel world, they protected her. Now they're gone, she's alone.

A branch snapping brings her out of her thoughts and she raises her knife, watching as a lone walker stumbles into view. Letting out a sigh, she walks towards it, staring at it for a few seconds before plunging the knife into its eye. She furrows her dark eyebrows as a glimmer distracts her. She reaches down towards the neck of the walker, her fingers grazing the angel wings.

Unclipping the necklace, she raises it up to eye level, studying the beautiful necklace. It reminds her of Daryl and his vest, it brings her a source of security. She clips it around her neck, holding the angel wings in her hand before continuing her journey for a place to stay.

She drops her hand, looking around the huge forest her ears alert for any suspicious sounds. Stepping over a log, Scarlett comes to a clearing with a house in the middle. She lets out a breath, running up to the house. She bangs onto the window, attracting any walker that's in the house. A snarl comes from inside the house and a pair of dead hands bang on the door. Scarlett cracks open the door, the walker's hand reaching out for her. Opening it fully, the walker stumbles out, heading towards Scarlett.

Raising her knife, she stabs the walker in between the eyes, it's body crumbling to the ground. She slowly walks into the house, her eyes darting everywhere. It's a small house, only having one bedroom inside it.

After Scarlett is done checking the house, she closes the door, pushing the couch against it. She rushes towards the kitchen, her stomach begging for food. She rummages through the cupboards, gathering all the cans and drinks she can find.

She sits down on the couch, spooning some beans into her mouth, staring down at the ground in front of her. Spotting a floorboard loose, Scarlett sets the can on the floor, kneeling beside the board. She pulls her knife out, breaking the floorboard loose and pulling it up, spotting throwing knives. "Holy.." She mumbles, picking them all up. Examining them, she slides them in her boots before walking into the bedroom, shutting the door behind her. She flops down onto the bed, sprawled out.

Closing her eyes-she falls asleep.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett awakens to voices. She jolts up, looking around. Gulping, she slides under the bed, her knife in hand. "Someone obviously raided this place." A voice grunts, walking into the small room. Scarlett watches the persons boots, her breathing quiet but quick. Another pair of shoes walks into the room and the people lay down on the bed, getting comfortable.

Snores sounds soon after and Scarlett waits a few seconds before quietly sliding out from under the bed. Climbing to her feet, she eyes the people, cautiously. Slowly walking to the door, Scarlett hears a click behind her. She mutters a string of curse words under her breath before turning around, her arms up in surrender. "Who the hell are you?" The man asks and Scarlett narrows her eyes, head tilting. "I should be asking you that." She states, disgust evident in her voice as she looks them up and down.

Maybe it was a bad idea to say that because next thing she knows, she kicked in the knee, her leg buckling and her bad arm skidding the ground. "Fuck!" She exclaims, pain souring through her arm and now her knee. She glares up at the people, the graze now bleeding through her hand once again. "Get out of this house before I kick your asses." She threatens, her blue eyes darkening in anger and her lip twitching. The woman looks at her in fear but the man smirks, crouching down in front of Scarlett.

Adrenaline pumps through her veins as she stares down the man, her hand gripping her wound. "I wouldn't be threatening people when you can't hold it up." Scarlett tilts her head, a smirk appearing on her face. "You don't know what I am capable of." She growls darkly, immediately tackling the guy to the ground, his gun knocked out of his hand. She punches his nose with her good arm, a sickening crack coming from it. Scarlett jumps to her feet, staring at the woman.

Scarlett pulls her gun out, pulling the girl towards her and pressing the cold metal against her temple. The man jumps to his feet, gun pointed at the two. "Now put down the gun or bye-bye darling." She tells him, her bottom lip poking out into a pout. The man shakes his head before pulling the trigger. Scarlett pushes the girl in front of her, the girls body going limp. Scarlett aims the gun at the man's head, pulling the trigger. She falls to her knees, pressing her back against the wall, a cry escaping her lips.

She's feeling her old self returning and she can't have that. Her old self is a dangerous, dangerous person.