6

Scarlett stands beside Rick, chewing on her bottom lip

Scarlett stands beside Rick, chewing on her bottom lip. "I can go get them." She offers, her eyes darting between Rick and Shane. Rick shakes his head. "I am not sending you out there alone." He says and Scarlett frowns.

"She's not going to be alone." Shane speaks up before looking at Hershel. "Doc, why don't you do me a list, draw me a map."

"You won't need a map—I'll take you there. Ain't but five miles." Otis speaks up and Scarlett turns her head towards him, sending him a small smile.

Scarlett stands by the tailgate of the truck, tracing the knifes detail with her hand. "Take this." Rick says, handing Scarlett her gun. "How'd you get this?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Daryl gave it to me before we separated." He explains and Scarlett smiles. "Thank you." She tells him before sliding her knife in its holster. Scarlett opens the truck door and slides in, fixating herself in the middle seat. "Boys, we don't have all day." She yells, her gun sitting comfortably in her hands.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett dunks behind a police car, following Shane. Otis nods towards a trailer. "You see that big noble medical trailer across the way." Scarlett nods her head, craning her neck to see it fully. "That's where we gotta go?" She asks, cocking her gun.

Scarlett's eyes light up as she sees what's in the back of the trunk. "Holy fuck, we're lucky." She mutters, grabbing the flares in her hand.

Shane chuckles before taking them. "Lets light these bad boys up." He says, grabbing some matches and light one up to throw.

Scarlett rummages through the stuff on the shelves, trying her best to keep quiet. "Endotracheal intubation, baby, for my new respirator." Otis says and Scarlett grins, "Good job!" She tells him, throwing some medicine in her backpack.

"We got what we need, let's get out of here." Scarlett says, zipping her bag up, putting it on her back. The two guys agree and they sneak out of the trailer, only to be spotted. They run down the steps of the trailer, running to the school, only to be blocked by another group of walkers.

Scarlett spots an opening and runs between some fences, the guys following. Her heart races as another herd heads there way. She runs to her left, trying for the doors but realizing they're locked. "Shit." She mutters trying to head forward, but is once again encountered with a herd. Glass breaking causes her to look back just in time to see Otis and Shane run into the building. She follows quickly behind, helping them shut the rusty gated, that won't hold up for long.

They stand on top of a platform in the gymnasium , surrounded by walkers. "What do we do?" Scarlett asks, looking towards Shane. "Those windows, what's on the other side?" He asks and shines the light towards the small window. "About a twenty foot drop with nothing to catch you, maybe some bushes, then the athletic field." Scarlett purses her lips together, eyeing the windows.

"We just need enough time." She mutters and Shane agrees. "We got to get up there. We got to get 'em open and get out." Shane says.

"Not me. Maybe y'all." Otis disagrees and Scarlett frowns, looking over at him. "Don't. You have to believe in yourself." She tells him, tilting her head. "Come on, look at me! You really think I can squeeze through one of them windows? They'd be all over us." He argues and Scarlett bites her lip.

"Look, we lay down some fire to get a head start. Y'all stay here. I hop down and draw them away. That gives y'all a chance to get up those bleachers and out a window." Otis plans and Scarlett groans.

"And where do you go?" She asks and Otis points his lights towards a door. "Locker room, down those steps." Scarlett shakes her head, doubting the plan. "You take three shots and you go. After that we fire, we will lay down a cover for you. We'll get you a lead." Shane comforts him and Otis nods, shooting a walker in the head. He cocks his gun and shoots another one, repeating the same action for the last time. He jumps down off of the platform, only to fall down.

A walker grabs Otis's foot and he tries to move away, failing. Scarlett raises her gun up, aiming at the walker before pulling the trigger, killing it instantly. She lets out a sigh of relief as Otis gets up and runs towards the door of the locker-room. "Let's go." Shane mumbles, grabbing her arm, pulling her after him.

Shane jumps off and heads up the stairs, not waiting for Scarlett. She hesitates before jumping, holding back a scream as she lands on her bad foot. She climbs up the steps, as quickly as she can.

Glancing behind her, she sees two walkers heading her way. She takes aim and shoots one in the chest, completely missing the head. It stumbles back and causes the second one to fall off the second floor.

Scarlett hands Shane her bag and he drops hers, along with his, down to the ground. He climbs out the window, dangling for a couple seconds before dropping down. "Come on!" He rushes her and drops her gun down, before sticking her leg out of the window, looking down.

Scarlett takes a deep breath before sticking her other leg out and turning around, holding onto the window sill. Her eyes widen as a walker appears in front of her, trying to gnaw her face off. She falls back, landing in the bushes.

Letting out a groan, she hears three gunshots ring through the air. She climbs to her feet, grabbing her bag and gun. Her and Shane sneak past some walkers.

A walker looks towards them and Shane cocks his rifle, shooting the walker, which attracts more walkers.

As there backs are against the fence, three walkers walk there way. Scarlett takes aim and goes to shoot, but someone has already shot it. She looks and sees Otis, already shooting the other two.

She breathes out, limping towards him. "I thought we lost you." She says and he nods, "Me too." Shane limps beside Otis, Scarlett trailing behind. The fence collapses and Scarlett feels her eyes watering.

It is not going to end like this.

She looks behind her and aims towards a walker, not hitting it, but hitting one beside it. "I only have 1 bullet left." She informs them and Shane glances back. "Me too."

Shane looks at Otis, muttering an apology. Before Otis and Scarlett could even comprehend what was happening, a gunshot rings through the air, and it's not a walker that goes down.

Scarlett watches as Otis screams and falls down in pain. "Shane! What the fuck?" She yells, running to the aid of Otis. Shane pushes Scarlett away and starts fighting Otis for the bag. Scarlett gets up as Shane gets off of Otis with his bag.

"Kill me." Otis mutters and Scarlett raises a shaking hand to her face, shaking her head no. "Please. I don't want to be alive when they get to me." He pleads and Scarlett let's out a sob, raising her gun.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me." She cries out, pulling the trigger.