34

Standing in the room of the veterinary college, Scarlett rummages through the medicine

Standing in the room of the veterinary college, Scarlett rummages through the medicine. "Anything ending with -cillin or -cin, C-I-N, grab it." Bob tells the two girls and Scarlett grabs a few bottles ending in those letters, throwing them in her bag along with a few other pills. "We'll dissolve the pills in the IVs, put 'em right into the bloodstream. Dosage will be tricky, but considering the time we lost-" Bob explains, trailing off once Scarlett sends him a look, silently telling him to shut up.

"How'd you do?" Michonne asks the two men as they walk in the room. "Bags, tubes, clamps, connectors. Everything on the list. How about y'all?" Tyrese answers and Scarlett smiles, suddenly feeling happy and grateful. "We got it all." Michonne replies and Scarlett rummages through her bag, grabbing a water bottle. She unscrews the cap before taking a sip, savoring the taste.

Holding the bottle out to anyone, Daryl grabs it out of her hand, drinking some before handing it back to her. She quickly screws the cap back on before shoving it in the bag and zipping it up. Throwing the bag over her shoulder, she walks towards the door, ready to get out of the place. Daryl walks beside her, shining his flashlight. Walkers appear in front of the group and the group quickly changes direction, coming face to face with another group of walkers.

They run into a room, Tyrese forcing the door shut. "Hey-Door is busted!" Scarlett mutters a string of curse words before looking at another door, leading to a stairway. "We can take 'em!" Tyrese says, looking at the stairway. Bob immediately shoots the idea down. "No! They're infected. Same as at the prison. We fire at 'em, get their blood on us, breathe it in. We didn't come all this way to get sick." Scarlett rolls her eyes at the man.

"I don't give a fuck if I get sick. As long as we get these meds to the people, I'm fine. This world is about taking risks. If you're so worried about getting sick, I'll take the walkers down. Y'all get the meds to the people." Scarlett snarls, her blue eyes darkening as she feels her blood boil. Daryl stares at Scarlett for a couple of seconds before sighing. "Ready?" He asks, facing the door. Scarlett pulls her gun out, aiming it at the door. "Do it!" Tyrese yells as the door bursts open. Daryl breaks open the lock, a couple of walkers pouring in.

Scarlett pulls the trigger, knocking one down while Michonne slices the others' head off. "Come on." Daryl shouts, running up the stairs. The group stands in front of two windows, trying to figure out something. Scarlett looks down, noticing a brick. "Get down!" She yells, picking the brick up and chunking it at the window, glass shattering everywhere.

Scarlett runs through the window, standing on top of the roof. "We have to jump down on the pathway." Michonne points out and before they can do anything, Bob falls down, the walkers gripping his bag. Bob grips onto the bag, not letting it go. "Let go of the bag!" The group yells at him, struggling to pull him up.

Bob pulls the bag out of their grips and the bag goes flying, landing with a clank. Scarlett furrows her eyebrows, picking the bag up. She pulls out some whiskey, her lips parting. "What the fuck?" She exclaims, her eyes narrowing at Bob. "You got no meds in yer' bag? Just this-You should have kept walking that way." Daryl snarls, pulling the bottle out of Scarlett's hands, about to throw it. "Don't." Bob speaks up, setting his hand on his gun. Daryl looks at Bob, a deathly look on his face. Walking up to Bob, Daryl gets in his face, his eyes narrowed. Michonne sends Scarlett a knowing look and Scarlett bites her lip, walking up to Daryl.

"I didn't want to hurt nobody. It was just for when it gets quiet." Scarlett pushes herself between the two men, her hand settling down on Daryl's chest. "Daryl-" She mumbles looking into his blue eyes that have darkened.

"Don't. He's a waste of time, he made his choice and it wasn't the right one. We need to get these meds to our people. We can worry about him later. Don't lose your temper over him." She comforts, holding eye contact with him, their blue eyes staring into each other's.

Daryl breaks eye contact glaring at Bob. "Take one sip. When those meds get in our people, I will beat your ass into the ground. Ya' hear me?" Daryl growls, his voice deepening. Scarlett's stomach fills with butterflies, continuing to stare at him. He turns his back, walking away from him.