36

Scarlett's eyes crack open, a yawn escaping her lips

Scarlett's eyes crack open, a yawn escaping her lips. She looks around, her neck getting a cramp from the position she was sleeping in. Looking over she sees that the redneck she had talked to all night has fallen asleep, same position she was in. She leans forward away from the wall, scooting towards the edge of the bed, her feet hitting the cold ground.

"Daryl." She whispers, shaking his leg, trying to get him to wake up. He grunts, opening his eyes. "What?" He groans, leaning his head against the wall. Scarlett looks between her sneakers and boots, finally coming to a conclusion. She slides on her boots, lacing them up. "It's time to get up. Thanks for helping me last night." She says, looking back at him.

Daryl opens his eyes, looking at the woman. "It was nothin'." Daryl mumbles and Scarlett rolls her eyes, standing to her feet. "Alright." Scarlett grabs her weapons before walking out of the cell, the heels of her boots clicking against the ground. She walks out into the courtyard, the sun shining onto her face and burning her body.

"How is everyone?" Scarlett asks, walking up to Maggie. Maggie smiles, her eyes staring down at her friend. "Everyone is doing great." She informs the girl and Scarlett grins, her face lighting up. "Amazing." She mumbles, looking around the courtyard.

"Maybe-Just maybe things will start to turn in our favor." Maggie says and Scarlett nods, not replying. Scarlett doesn't believe things will turn in their favor, in this world? Impossible. Everywhere you go, there is going to be trouble, nothing we can do about it. "So I went in your cell to wake you up this morning. Do you wanna tell me why Daryl was in your bed?"

Scarlett rolls her eyes, her cheeks heating up. "We were talking last night and I guess we fell asleep." She shrugs it off and Maggie tilts her head, crossing her arms over her chest. "Y'all like each other." Scarlett looks at her wide-eyed, her lips parting. "N-No. Not true." She stutters over her words, shaking her head quickly. Maggie laughs, shoving Scarlett's shoulder. "Yeah, totally not." Maggie replies, sarcasm laced in her voice.

Scarlett looks over, watching as Daryl walks towards Rick, confusion on his face. Scarlett immediately knows what he wants to know; Carol. "Hey, I haven't seen Hershel or Michonne, where are they at?" Scarlett asks, looking away from the pair of men. "They went to dispose the bodies." Maggie replies and Scarlett nods, walking away. Carl walks up behind Scarlett, pulling her arm. "Scarlett?"

Scarlett turns around, looking at the boy she has grown fond of. "Yes, Carl?" Carl looks up at her, a frown appearing on his face. "Are you mad at me or something? Because you seem distant and it's weird." He chuckles and Scarlett shakes her head, a small smile appearing on her face. "No. I've just been busy." She reassures him, gently pulling her arm out of his grasp. She leans forward, ruffling his hair. "Scarlett!" Carl exclaims and she laughs before walking off.