14

a couple of days later

Daryl walks back to the camp, his knuckles covered in blood. "They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna-they're gonna wish they were." Daryl informs the group, glancing at Scarlett during the last part. "No one goes near him." Rick demands, looking at everyone. "Rick. What are we going to do?" Carol asks, a jacket in her arms.

"We have no choice. He's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat." Rick says and Dale looks at Rick like he's insane. "You're just gonna kill him?"

"It's settled, I'll do it today." Rick finalizes it and Dale shakes his head. "You can't do this. You don't wanna do this. I know you don't." Rick sighs, grabbing the bridge of his nose. "I thought about it all night. Knowing what we know now, I don't see a way around it." Scarlett stands up off the log, walking away from the group discussion, not wanting to hear about what they're going to do to the kid.

Scarlett lies down in her tent, eyes focused on a book when she hears someone walk up. It can't be Daryl because he's already by his tent, getting ready to go out. "The whole point of me coming up here is to get away from you people." She hears Daryl grunt and Scarlett quietly sits up, listening more intently. "Gonna take more than that." Someone says and Scarlett identifies the voice as Dale.

"Carol send ya'?" Scarlett clenches her jaw at the mention of Carol's name. Carol still hasn't apologized for blaming Sophia's death on Scarlett and quite frankly, Scarlett is still pissed about it. "Carol's not the only one that's concerned about you, your new role in the group." Dale says and Scarlett furrows her eyebrows, she never realized how much Daryl is actually valued in the group until now.

"Oh, man. I don't need my head shrunk. This group is broken. I'm better off fending for myself." Daryl snaps, throwing his jacket on. "You act like you don't care."

"Yeah, it's 'cause I don't." Daryl's gruff voice replies back. Scarlett suddenly realizes what Dale is up here for. "So live or die, you don't care about what happens to Randall?" Dale asks and Daryl replies with an no.

Scarlett zones out, thinking about how much damage that kid could do. If his group does find them; they're dead meat. Maybe Daryl is right, maybe this group is broken.

Scarlett's attention turns back to the conversation when she hears Otis's name being brought up. "He told some story, how Otis covered them, saved their asses. Yet he shows up with the dead guys gun. Don't make sense and the way Scarlett reacts towards Otis and Shane's name tells a different story." Scarlett unzips the tent, acting like she hasn't heard anything. "Hello Dale." Scarlett fakes a smile, her eyes hiding emotion.