3

Scarlett sits down on the couch in the basement, reading a book

Scarlett sits down on the couch in the basement, reading a book. She separated herself from the group after eating supper. She isn't used to all the people.

Scarlett hears footsteps heading her way and she looks up from the book to see a woman and the kids. "Hello Scarlett." Carol greets and Scarlett smiles at them.

"Have y'all taken a shower yet?" Scarlett asks, marking the page in her book before shutting it. "Yes. It felt so good. Thank you!" Carol replies and Scarlett shakes her head. "It's no problem, really." Carol smiles before grabbing a book of her own off of the shelf and sitting on the other end of the couch.

"Do y'all like comic books?" Scarlett asks Carl and Sophia. Carl's head shots up and he nods. "I love comic books!" He exclaims and Scarlett laughs, grabbing the stack off of the bedside table. "You can keep these." She tells him, setting the stack down in front of him.

"Really?" Carl asks in disbelief. Scarlett nods, laughing. "Thank you!" He says before getting up and hugging her. Scarlett hugs him back and he sits down in front of her, taking a comic in his hands.

Before he can start reading it, Lori walks into the room. "Any good books?" She slurs and Carol nods. "Uh-huh. Enough to keep us busy for years."

Scarlett grins before standing up. "I'm heading to bed, goodnight y'all." She tells everyone before taking her books and walking out of the basement. As she walks, she opens a book and starts reading. "Hey—Scarlett!" She hears and she looks up to see Shane calling for her. "Yes?"

"Do you know where Lori is?" He asks and Scarlett nods. "She's in the basement." Shane walks off and Scarlett walks into her room. "Oh shit!" She exclaims, her hand flying up and covering her eyes.

"I didn't know this was anybody's room." Daryl says and Scarlett shakes her head. "I should've realized that there weren't enough rooms for everyone. I can sleep in the basement, you can stay in here." Scarlett states, uncovering her eyes before turning on her heel and walking back to the basement. Shane walks out, just as she makes it to the basement.

Scarlett walks into the basement and sees Lori leaned against the table, looking flustered. "Are you okay?" Scarlett asks, raising an eyebrow. "Ye—Yeah, I'm fine." Lori stutters and Scarlett grabs a blanket before sitting down on the couch. "Alright. Well goodnight."

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett wakes up to the smell of eggs. She swings her legs off of the couch and stands up, walking to the kitchen. "Good morning." She mutters, taking a seat next to Carl.

"Are you hungover?" Carl asks, looking up at Scarlett with his big blue eyes. "No. You see, I was smart. I didn't drink." Scarlett whispers to him and he laughs. "That is smart." He tells her before taking a bite out of his eggs. Shane walks into the kitchen and Scarlett immediately notices the scratches on his neck.