32

Standing in the cell block and watching Judith from a distance, Scarlett sits on the metal table, her legs crossed

Standing in the cell block and watching Judith from a distance, Scarlett sits on the metal table, her legs crossed. "I'm going out, you need anything?" Michonne asks, coming across Scarlett. Scarlett shakes her head, her brown hair slapping her face. "Alright." Michonne walks out of the cell block, leaving Scarlett to her thoughts.

Memories are piling up in her mind about Otis and the Governor. This new world changes people and not for the good. It makes people insane, makes them go out of their mind. People do irrational things nowadays and it slowly kills the people that they do it to.

Scarlett jumps to her feet as she hears a gunshot echo. Could the Governor be back and attacking? She pulls her gun out, running out of the cell block, smacking into Daryl. "Shit." She mumbles before backing away, running to the other cell block. Slamming open the doors, she watches as everyone runs around frantically. Groans and moans fill the air and Scarlett grabs a child that ran into her. She picks the girl up, running towards the cell Karen is in. She pushes the child in the cell before turning back towards the commotion,

A walker stumbles her way and Scarlett pushes her gun in her pants before sliding her knife out of her holster. She pushes the walker against the wall before stabbing the knife into its temple. Turning around, she notices a walker stumbling towards Daryl. She runs over, pushing the knife into the back of its head, it's body crumbling to the ground. Daryl turns around, sending her a small nod before getting back to work.

A hand touches Scarlett's shoulder and Scarlett swings around; knife raised. A woman flinches back and Scarlett lowers the knife. "Are you bit?" She asks, her eyes looking around for any sign of danger coming near them. The woman shakes her head and Scarlett gently pushes her out of the cell block. "Are we clear down here?" Rick asks, looking at both Daryl and Scarlett. Looking around, Scarlett nods at him. "Up here!" A man sobs and Scarlett is the first to run up the stairs, heading in the direction of the cry. Scarlett heads towards the man, stabbing the walker in the temple and pulling it off of him. "Are you okay? Bit anywhere?"

The man shakes his head and Scarlett points down the stairs. "Go down there." She demands before turning around, getting pushed up against the wall. Jaws snap at her and pushes against the walkers wrist, trying to hold it back. "Get down!" Daryl yells at her and she dunks, feeling the walker loosen its grip on her. She tosses the body to the side, looking up at Daryl. "Thanks." She utters before looking back down at the body. "It's Patrick." Glenn says, walking up beside her.

Scarlett's frown deepens and she looks at everyone. "I'm going to check on everyone, make sure they're okay." She informs them before walking down the stairs, out of the cell block. She comes face to face with a group of people, sadness on their faces. "Look, I know y'all are scared and upset but this is the world now." She explains, sliding her knife in her holster. Her eyes trail over everyone's faces and she bites her bottom lip, her hands hooking together. "If any of y'all start to feel sick, immediately find help. We can't risk getting any of the children or elderly sick." She tells them all before walking back into the cell block, heading back towards her group.

"All of us in here, we've all been exposed." Scarlett raises her eyebrows, tilting her head. "Been exposed to what exactly?" She asks and everyone looks at her. "It could be pneumococcal. Most likely an aggressive flu strain." Caleb repeats and she nods her head. "The sickness that makes pressure build up in the lungs?" She questions and he looks at her surprised. "Yeah, exactly. How'd you know?"

"My parents were scientists for CDC. I've learned a few stuff." She states, sadness evident on her face. Caleb looks at her with sympathy on his face. She sends him a small glare before walking away from the group, her sneakers clicking against the floor. Footsteps follow behind her and she opens the door, walking out. Sunlight shines into her eyes and she squints them, walking away from cell block D.