8'TRAINING

I exhaled roughly before opening the door. Agad naman akong lumabas ng k’warto ko only to realize that the door didn’t lead me to the Great Circle just like the evening, instead to a vast room with large pillars.

     The room’s orange-brown aura was visible inside. It was well lighted though there were no signs of chandeliers or even any kind of light-giving mechanisms.

     I walked and heard the echoing of my footsteps. And I thought it’s the reason I unintentionally caught the attention of everyone from the center of the room.

     There they were in circle, stepping on their signs on the floor which were equidistant from each other.

     They looked at me as I slowly walked to my sign. I then felt the cold sensation crawling inside my body. Blue, red, green and brown eyes . . .

     So they really have different Signs.

     I bowed down my head, sa tingin ko kasi ay matutunaw ako ‘pag nakikita kong nakatingin sila sa akin. So this is what it feels like seeing another Signs in a near distance, I minded. Nakakaba! ‘Yong kagabi kasi ay hindi ko mas’yadong nakita ang mga mukha nila since after the introduction, we’re already teleported to each of our Zodiac Castles.

     I finally stopped from walking when I got to see my Sign’s mark on the floor. I stepped on it just like what others did. I slightly tilted my head up to see just a little of the new Bearers’ faces.

     Across my mark was the Bearer of Libra.

     I shifted my eyes from him to the left side and realized that beside Libra was the Bearer of Taurus. My lips then turned into a curve. At least I’m not the only one who belongs under Earth Signs here. There’s the Bearer of Taurus who’s called Irgo, if I’m not mistaken. And . . . I shifted my eyes to the right. . . .  There’s also the Bearer of Virgo, . . . and she’s staring at me?

     I removed my eyes from hers. Her stare was intimidating and so her serious and cold face. I bowed down my head and sighed. Everyone was silent. No one seemed to talk. Sa bagay, who would dare? We’re born with different Signs and it’s prohibited to be talking with different Signs. Maliban na lang siguro kong Bearer ka. You’d be given the right to talk with others but only if necessary.

     My eyes slipped to the one who just opened a door from near. The door seemed to be of the Bearer of Leo. Iniluwa mula roon ang isang lalakeng may kataasan. He walked slowly toward the center. And as the distance was getting lesser, I noticed how long his eyelashes were; cheeks seemed to be almost pale; lips were red than normal males and eyes were deep red but his expression was cold.

     So ironic!

     Nagulat na lang ako nang bigla siyang mapatingin sa akin. Agad ko namang kinuha ang tingin ko mula kan’ya at bigla itong nabaling sa isa pang Bearer na kakarating lang. She’s running from her door toward her Sign’s mark―Cancer. I knew she’s the Bearer of the Giant Crab.

     “Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!” she uttered between her panting. Nagsitinginan naman ang lahat sa kan’ya. “Hi!” she greeted when she realized everyone was staring at her.

     The Bearer of Gemini snorted and looked in opposite direction as if she’s not interested about the newly arrived Bearer.

     “I’m Suwan. Nice to meet you all,” she continued with a smile but seemed like everyone was not interested and just ignored her. Her face suddenly turned to a sad one. So I decided to talk back.