15'HISTORY

“Centuries ago . . .” she started and then, the room was covered with twinkling dusts. “. . . there was only one constellation in the sky.” The room went darker. The ceiling had become the sky. A constellation with 88 stars was visible above. Each star was as bright as the other. “Gretie! The Spirit of the Universe!” Then a line started to connect all the stars. “There was only one Gate Key—that was sure.” The constellation abruptly transformed into a Gate Key made up of colorful dusts and it slowly descended from above down to the center of the room.

     The Key’s features were very unique and were less comparable to the 12 Gate Keys. It’s enchanting and I saw Adiya’s hands tried to touch the Key . . .

     “He who possessed the Gate Key of Gretie was the Zoidion King, Ertium.”

     . . . but a man with a crown made up of dusts appeared right in front of the Key. He hoisted it up.

     “He ruled the world of Zoidion with his might. He assured peace among his comrades,” Narvya’s voice seemed to be perfect in telling the story. Then the projected king moved toward our way so I moved sideward to the left while Xayl’ on the right to give way to the king. All eyes were on him as he walked behind us and stopped. There, we saw numbers of his people molded with dusts, bowing at him.

     “But when he died, leaving the Great Gate Key to his queen, Arkia . . .” A projected woman with a crown appeared as the king disappeared. The people vanished and was replaced with 13 individuals standing up in front of the queen. “. . . Ordon, the eldest among his 12 siblings . . .” A man stepped forward and approached the queen. “. . . implored to be the new King of Zoidion. But the queen feared that with this son of hers, Zoidion may not be able to find peace. Ordon was not worthy to be a ruler. He’s the total opposite of the meaning of a leader.

     So the queen decided to give the Gate Key to the second eldest son, Lenron.” The queen moved to the other man and gave the Key to him. “But Ordon still insisted to be the king and so all of the other sons. And the situation got even harder when the two of the queen’s six princesses also desired to be the queen.” All the queen’s sons and daughters were in chaos.

     “So when the king’s wife had made up her mind, she made a horrible mistake she shouldn’t have done. But it was too late. . . . She had already divided the Gate Key of Gretie into 12 Gate Keys. And when it happened, his stars scattered within the sky and became 12 Zodiac Constellations, giving more light in the night sky.” And there, we saw our Zodiac Signs above. And in a blink of a second, the constellations became Golden Gate Keys and descended from above to the hands of each of the queen’s offspring.

     “And then, she gave each key to his princes and princesses so that they could rule over the people. But when Ordon realized there’s no Gate Key for him, his wrath became more visible. He killed the queen . . .” The Queen fell on her knees, in front of her son, Ordon. “. . . not realizing there’s another Gate Key for him, that she just wanted to see her son change before surrendering it to him.” The 13th Key descended from above to Ordon.

     “That’s why when he received the 13th Key from the queen in her last breath, he’s wrath shifted to his brothers and sisters. He wanted to have his own Zodiac Region but they resisted not for they believed that he would only ruin the order that was already established in Zoidion.

     The people could not afford to change their Signs anymore—and Ordon, hearing these reasons, filled his heart with resentment. He promised to use the Key in darkness, he promised to fight for the arising of the 13th Region, a region which takes over the other regions even if it means his life.”

     Ordon hoisted up his Key and a serpent came out. His sisters and brothers also did the same and the Spirits of the 12 Gates appeared.

     “War! Chaos!” The people appeared every where in the room. Screams and cries were audible as the Spirits engaged in a bloody battle. “And though Ordon was defeated, with his last breath, he promised that his soul wouldn’t leave the Key until a 13th Region would be established.”

     The people around, portraying the scenes vanished but not the Gate Keys. It flew toward us. At nang huminto ang Key ng Capricorn sa harap ko’y agad ko iyong hinawakan but it suddenly dissolved and I thought theirs as well. At nang mangyari ‘yon ay agad namang bumungad sa harapan namin ang isang napakalaking ahas made of black light particles. It hissed . . . and then moved forward in a fast motion. But before it could catch us, everything went to normal.

     “Oh my goodness!” Adiya whispered into thin air, thought that the huge serpent would be able to reach us.

     “I thought there are still things we don’t know about Zoidion’s history. If I’m not mistaken, what you told was just the same as our castles’ preceptors taught,” Zyke opened his mouth.

     Sa bagay, kahit na kuting siya’y may punto siya. Wala namang bago sa sinabi niya.

     Narvya smiled. “Well, that depends in your observation,” she said, then whispered, “If you are that keen observer, you will know there’s something unusual.

     Napakunot-noo naman ako sa sinabi niya.

     Narvya’s voice cut the awkward atmosphere. “If you have questions regarding the history, I’ll answer that.”

     I raised my hand, then everybody looked at me. “Queen Arkia divided Gretie’s Gate Key into thousands of stars in the sky—13 constellations to be exact. I wonder why . . . other than the stars that made up the thirteen, there are still other stars around.  Nangangahulugan bang mayro’n pang ibang constellations maliban sa labing-tatlo? At kung mayro’n man . . . nangangahulugan bang may marami pang mga Gate Key?”

     And then, Narvya smiled.

* * *