42'GREEN AND RED

“Reri, Peri! Gemini, P-Reri!” Peri and Reri sang.

     “Good Job, Gemini,” we heard Gemida complimented.

     We saw Ordon’s wrath on his face. His hands clenched into fists. He’s angry and I knew he really was more than he was a moment ago.

     Gemini stopped teasing Ordon. The twins drew serious faces and then closed their eyes. In a second, a ball of golden light appeared in front of each Bearer and each Spirit. Each transformed into a Gate Key. There were already 11 fake ones including Gemini’s. They did it so to make sure that Ordon would have a hard time knowing the real one.

     I held the Key which appeared in front of me at alam kong ‘yon din ang ginagawa ng iba. Isa sa amin ang may hawak ng totoong susi.

     My eyes widened when my hand landed on the Key. Kinabahan agad ako nang makaramdam ng malakas na kapangyarihan na nagmumula rito.

     This is the real one. This is the 13th Gate Key.

     “You cannot pull me into this game, Gemini!” Ordon gritted his teeth. With one motion of his hand, Suwan was already beside him.

     “Suwan!” we worried, especially Cancer.

     Suwan’s floating in the air, couldn’t move, couldn’t talk.

     “This is your last chance Bearers and Spirits,” he meant he would really kill Suwan. “Give me the Key . . . or Suwan will finally pass away.”

     ‘China . . .

     My ears rang when I heard a voice inside my head. It was Capricon’s.

     Capricorn . . . I talked back.

     You know that it’s the real Key, right? he replied back.

     I didn’t know how he did it but I knew it wasn’t impossible because he’s a Spirit. H’m, I answered.

     “Give it to me!” Ordon yelled and gestured his hand.

     Suwan shouted in pain when her body was suddenly twisted, bent backward. Her screams were becoming louder and louder.

     “I have the real Key!” I shouted to Ordon for him to hear. Hindi ko na natiis ang ginagawa niya kay Suwan. Though I could hear the protests of everyone, I’m already certain that I would give the Key to Ordon.

     “Good. . . .” he uttered evilly, then slumped Suwan on the ground.

     Ordon motioned his hand, then Suwan drifted fast to Cancer. Agad naman siyang sinalo ni Cancer. After that, Ordon pulled me with his power, next to him. He looked at me in the eye while he grabbed the Key from my hand.

     I saw him frowned and I didn’t know why.

     After a second, his face was already wearing a disbelief expression as if there’s something he did see in my eyes. “A patch of green . . . and red?” he mumbled to himself. “Aries and . . . Cancer.”  When I heard it, my eyes broadened. “That’s why I could see you as . . . different.” He smiled so amusingly and then whispered into my ear, “You’re . . . a Rare Blood.

     I held my breath tight. Suwan and he―there were already two more who knew my secret.

     “But don’t worry . . . you’ll be dead already before they’ll find out!”

     I fell on my knees and in a sudden, I felt a great pain in my stomach. I slowly bowed down my head and to my surprise, I saw my hands full of blood. A piece of sharp rock pierced my stomach causing me so much ache.

     “’Chinaaa!”

     “’China!”

     I heard their screams seeing me in the situation. I saw their faces so worried.

     They attempted to fight back but failed when a number of sharp rocks floating in the air surrounded me, telling them that in one mistake, I’d be in danger.

     Ordon laughed with the pleasure.

     “Hayop ka!” Zyke yelled.

     “Didn’t I tell that I always am―” he was interrupted when a vine choked him from behind. Just when his concentration had lost, the sharp rocks fell on the ground.

     “’China. . . .” Con worried in front of me.

     “C-Con. . . .” I hardly blurted.

     He carried me and ran fast to the others.

     “’China!” Xayl’ concerned seeing me with blood.

     “’China, you’re really an idiot,” Zyke scolded me.

     “Virgo, please heal them,” Taru requested Virgo to heal Suwan and I.

     Virgo snapped two brown leaves from the plant she’s holding. She threw them in a sudden and those landed on our arms.

     I felt the pain getting weaker na para bang hinihigop ito ng mga dahon ni Virgo.

     A second after, we’re already healed.

     Suwan already woke up from unconsciousness.

     Napatingin na lang kami nang bumagsak sa ‘di kalayuan ang mga Spirit.

     We heard ourselves calling our Spirits’ names.

     “Kailangan natin silang tulungan,” Kases suggested nang makita naming natatalo sila ni Ordon.

     “We really have to,” Gemida uttered. “Though they’re Spirits, we don’t have to forget that we are they’re Bearers.

     Kahit papaano’y may nasabi ring matino si Gemida.

     But before we could help, Ordon already hoisted the Key upward. This time, it already produced a red magic circle from the tip of the key. His eyes landed on us and gave us a wicked smile. “. . . Ophiuchus!”

     No! this couldn’t be happening.

     “This is not good. This is not good!” Euai panicked.

     The magic circle grew bigger as it flew upward. When it stopped, it vanished and was replaced with dark clouds, darker than what covered the Zoidion at the moment.

     We heard the pounding of our heart on our chests as cluster of dark clouds kept on getting bigger. In a few second, the Great Circle was already covered with darkness and fearful silence. Nothing to hear, nothing to see except the vast magic circle above the sky.

     A great silence but no one dared to talk.

     A speck of light appeared above. An electricity, a lightning that guarded the cluster of dark clouds kept on showing. After a second, the place became pitch dark. Kahit papaano’y may naaaninag na kami. But to our surprise, the cluster of clouds whirled like a whirl pool in the sky. There, came out . . .

     We were hammered on our feet, held our breath tight.

     . . . a black immense serpent! Bigger than our Celestials, immense in power . . . than what Spirits had.

* * *