29'VERGE OF BEING RUINED

I passed through the door of Opoles and it led me to a hallway inside a castle. I heard screams and sounds of thunders outside. Nakadama naman agad ako ng kaba.

     I walked briskly trying to find out how to get out of the castle when I saw an open room. I entered into it and swiftly . . . I moved my feet toward it. After a second . . . I felt my eyes wetting. The tears dramatically dropped from my eyes. The region . . . is ruined.

     Napatutop na lang ako ng bibig ko, trying not to let my voice out. I couldn’t breathe normally. Naninikip ang dibdib ko’t nanginginig din ang mga paa ko. The region looked like a ghost town beneath the dark-violet sky above.

     “Dor aparir,” I summoned my door but it won’t pop open.

     “What are you still doing there?” I turned around to see the owner of the voice. It was from a lad who had some scratches and blood dripping from his not-so-deep wounds. “May maraming sugatan pa ang nangangailangan ng t-tulong sa ibaba.”

     I just stared at him, couldn’t find the exact words to say―I was still thunderstruck seeing everything I didn’t expect. And in a second, his eyes widened. “You’re not a Cancer,” takot niya nang mapansin niya ang kulay ng mga mata ko pati na ang kalahati ng marka sa dibdib ko.

     “Where’s Narvya? I want to see her. I’m the Bearer of the Capricorn Region,” I stated, then he already removed the frown on his face, realizing that I was there at the Great Circle during the night gala.

     He motioned me to follow him, so did I. I kept up with him while my heart kept on aching and my eyes kept on inducing warm liquids. Hindi ako makapaniwalang itinago nila itong lahat sa amin. The Cancer Region is already on the verge of being destroyed. Hindi imposibling sinusugod na rin ang ibang mga rehiyon.

     My region might be in the same situation right now. Kailang kong makaputa agad doon.

     “Healers! Take care of the wounded!” Narvya summoned the students who used healing abilities to take care of those who were wounded. Nakita ko naman agad ang napakaraming mga sugatan sa paligid. Nagkakagulo na sa loob.

     “The mages couldn’t hold on it any longer, Madame,” a gal, who was having a hard time coping up with her breath uttered to Narvya.

     “Tell the members of the Power Council to take their positions.”

     “Aye, Madame!” And then, she already ran away.

     “Narvya,” I called, then she looked at me with so much aghast.

     “’China, why are you here?” she asked with frown and concern when she walked toward me.

     “I want you to take to my region,” I didn’t hesitate to order.

     “You shouldn’t have gone out from the time sphere!” she yelled, her voice told me how she feared seeing me out of the safe haven at kita rin sa mukha niya ang pagkainis. “Go back now!”

     “I won’t. I want to see my region!”

     “But―” she continued to say only to be interrupted. She looked at me for a second before realizing that I was well determined. So she opened her door. “Let’s go.” She already held my hand through her door. And just as expected. The castle was full of Capricorns. Lahat ay nagkakagulo’t nagtutulong-tulong ang isa’t isa.

     Mas lalo ko namang naramdaman ang takot at kaba. My region is under attack, I let myself know.

     “Narvya? Racchina?” Tron blurted in disbelief. He never expected to see Narvya in Capricorn Region neither me, especially. “Racchina! Why you!”